6.- GRAND PRIX DE MID OHIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
both AnEDegan drivers lost connection at the same time, having a good race!
I pitted just before the dc. came out of pits having lost 2 places, did a few laps then dc. not happy!

Best quali yet for me 18th, decent race but was laggy although it did get better. Was having a really good scrap with my teammate Ihab in 16th place i was in 17th when i was rammed off the track when over taking. Not sure who it was but it cost me a few places and put me well down on my teammate :mad:

Connection lost. Horrible race anyway, cars lagging all over and impossible to overtake safely - sorry if i smashed into anybody but it was really bad out there.

lol Jack, lost count about the bumps :) :) . But np

sry Eckhart i don't know what happened there, i don't think i braked to late. Your brakes light surprised me total hit the brakes and it locked up no crontrol and hit you. have to watch that replay. Feel bad about that one. sry again.

lag first few laps it was a nightmare and no way to pass anyone, it went better later on but never 100% ok. **** was enjoying this race (apart from the incident with Eckhart)

Glad to read I am not the only one ...

started 20th of 25, moved down one notch by an AnE player who qualified after the time was up (didn't read the rules ...), pushed into pitwall lap5, splitter offand damage, repair put me one lap down, disco when I pitted after 48 mins. A night to forget.

sry Eckart i don't know what happened there, i don't think i braked to late. Your brakes light surprised me total hit the brakes and it locked up no crontrol and hit you. have to watch that replay. Feel bad about that one. sry again.
the irony is, I was fighting with the flatout Club guy behind you for position, so I was really mad atm. Right now I have cooled down, apologies accepted, not to worry m8 :)

Glad to read I am not the only one ...

started 20th of 25, moved down one notch by an AnE player who qualified after the time was up (didn't read the rules ...), pushed into pitwall lap5, splitter offand damage, repair put me one lap down, disco when I pitted after 48 mins. A night to forget.

I qualifed 18th, Ihab Abbas was p20, yeah he was very late in going out to quali

lol I thought you just dropped it Eck. All I saw was you facing the wrong way. Caused me to slow up and fall back into the clutches of Gaetan and another guy. I decided that was the prime time to let Gaetan go past me seeing as he was faster and followed side by side with him up the straight and got nudged by the other guy.

The lag made it very hard to judge where everyone was though, terrible night all round I think.

I was getting low FPS at most of the corners on the server.

I asked if anybdoy else was, but no one replied.

Ok Qualy lap, made some mistakes but happy with 3rd.

Race: Lag fest, Got hit up the arse by Peter on the warmup lap (Blame it on the lag)
The lag was very bad(Cars were jumping forwards all the time)
I came into pit as my left front was (shagged:))
Just about to drive off and my computer crashed (red and black lines all over my screen and the derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound)

Still very odd why there is so much lag, as there was no Lag last year at all. Maybe it's down to Gamerhoster?

Forgot to say, i was happy in 2nd place :)

Qualied in 15th (should have put in a better lap and got near top-10, but went for a banker). Starting grid put me 3rd (first hint that the race wasn't going to go well :)). Another car landed on my roof before the lights went out :). Filtered back to my quali position on the parade lap. Off the start... lagging hell!

Got nurfed off track by someone (I'm putting it down to lag) and ended up in 18th. Was having a good run, car felt good, laps were consistent, but was laggy as hell. Tyres were down to 47% on the front left 30 laps in but I still felt fine and was going to continue running and then everyone dissapeared. Pulled into the pits (in 9th/10th) and pitted (hoping lag would clear)... Disconnect :(.

Regardless of what happens next, I am going to console myself with the fact my race was going ok, my strategy was going well, last thing I saw was me in 10th place :tongue: and the racing was fun(ish).

I was getting low FPS at most of the corners on the server.

I asked if anybdoy else was, but no one replied.

Ok Qualy lap, made some mistakes but happy with 3rd.

Race: Lag fest, Got hit up the arse by Peter on the warmup lap (Blame it on the lag)
The lag was very bad(Cars were jumping forwards all the time)
I came into pit as my left front was (shagged:))
Just about to drive off and my computer crashed (red and black lines all over my screen and the derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound)

Still very odd why there is so much lag, as there was no Lag last year at all. Maybe it's down to Gamerhoster?

Forgot to say, i was happy in 2nd place :)

I had the FPS also Ben. And i said it. :tongue:
Very weird because i can drive the F1 mod on max with heavy rain so its not my pc. ;)

I was getting low FPS at most of the corners on the server. I asked if anybdoy else was, but no one replied.

Didn't see you ask, sorry. I mentioned that I was getting stutters in the practice session as well. Happened in each sesssion (even the two when the server was restarted). Don't know if I got an answer either, but I went and adjusted my graphics settings incase it was me - it wasn't).

I had the FPS also Ben. And i said it. :tongue:
Very weird because i can drive the F1 mod on max with heavy rain so its not my pc. ;)

ATI card?

I think we need to try the mod on a different sevrer with the multislot patch (Can't try racedepartment as it has never worked)

The Mod is good, very nicely balanced.
Maybe it's to much detail for the server?
Maybe think about having camera man,commentator and safety car as 1?
Could the broadcast be in lower quality?

Yup. :)

Never had it. And i even did a offline race with a full grid on this STC track without any problems.
It started when i entered the server and many people joined and where on track. I started Fraps to see how many it was and it was arround 50 and some points 35. I usually have 75 even with a full field and max details. :)

yep, would put it down to server as well. Offline or on Blue Flag server we never had/have any trouble with tracks, mod or skins. I suppose it's the daytime, because going on there for training at 4 in the afternoon everything is always fine. More traffic at night I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes