4 GRAN PREMIO DE SUGO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualy surpisingly good, lap with some mistakes (was able to break 20`s) i was afraid to lose P1 but it was enough :)

Almost perfect race this time, some problems only during lapping (ANE-checked replay was clean but scary close Michael, COR) but no damage at all :) Whole race i was lonely and fights to not loose concetration. I made it and bringed P1 to the finish :)

Sorry for little contact L.Cogotti, i missunderstand your intention, thinked that you left me space inside, lucky only we lost some paint and both stays on the track, sorry.

Grats podium and all finshers :) Thanks backmarkers for clean overtaking :)

Thanks STC STaff for your effort !! :)

Congratz Marcin, another great race. The standings are getting really close and interesting.

By the way, the race was reaaaaly interesting with fights since lap 1 to the final. Check the broadcast when it is available.

By the way, what happened to Flavio? He was into a barrier trying to recover the car for many laps, but he could not finally...

That was a great race to be commentating on :D Sorry for brining up the enthusiasm at the end but I thought Mikael was Gregory, lol :D Btw, news, results and standings are all up! ;)

@Peter: I saw you in the "black sky" and didn't really know what to think.

What a great race to watch, really enjoyed that. Grreat commentry, was laughing alot, really made me want to grab a few beers myself! (working unfortunately)

Well done to all the racers, was brilliant stuff. Gratz to Marcin for the win.

Well done to my Teams. Some very good driving there. Unlucky Adam, so unlucky not your fault.

Kevin Clark, really well done m8, so proud your best result yet, just one more step on the podium left.

Cheers
M

Good race for me tonight. Surprised to start in 4th with my BL. I started safely the race in 3rd, due to a disconnection.
I keep my position but when I loosed my concentration (probably due to the rain) I did some errors at the turn before the last..I had a little mistake with Kevin at the T1, I don't think he come back to the left then I push hard my brake to avoid the punt... at the end I loose my car and two or more position :(. Then I have more good fight and some errors...
I apologize with Marcin for the mistake when I being lapped... sorry.
At the end a good result for the COR team keeping the 7th place :cool:.
Thanks at all and to the STC guys...good job. Compliments to the podium.:doublethumb:

Interesting race for me.

Qualified in 23rd, not my best lap but I can live with it.

The race was eventful. The pace lap was a little dangerous with lots of changes in pace in front, but no contact that I could see. I did see that the Green flag was very late from where I was and this was probably not helped by the number of cars strewn across the track. First lap went as expected, I followed the pack without much trouble and kept a good watch on Kevin Bell and Ludovic Cogotti wrestling behind. I saw a loverly pass behind me and took a little thump from behind, didn't seem to cause any problems and I continued pushing.

Around lap 6 was the first bit of fun. I ran slightly wide in to the final corner and punctured my front left tyre. I managed to pull in and change the tyres. However on leaving the pits I managed to puncture the front right, this left me slow through the lap to then replace the tyres again.

The only other point of interest was the l;ittle love tap that Wesley Hartog gave me. It was a little unfortunate but as I came out of "4th corner" I got the back of my car on the curb and had to back off to regain control. This put me off line and made my entry to "S curve" a little odd. I can see it did more damage to Wesley than me but was a little off putting.

Other than trying to keep out of the way of everyone I had a few taps and a couple of close calls with Marcin, sorry about those. I misjudged the edge of the track under braking and lost the back end both times.

Some good clean racing from most, some where pushing their luck a little, a certain TBR treated me a bit like this donkey a couple of times :poke:, but no damage done.

Not raced for about 4 months until this week (1 race the other night at Algarve to warm up for this) so not too disappointed with tonight's effort, especially considering my engine was slow and at 77% as soon as I joined the grid, then my car got damaged and engine degraded even more to about 72% in the chaos that happened right in front of me as we crossed the start line on the rolling start. Not sure what happened there but guess someone deserves a wrap across the knuckles for something :/

I think a couple of you around me might have noticed that all race my poor battered car was not so quick in a straight line, and I guess due to the knocks it was not doing so well at going round that the final parabolic corner, at least it wasn't behaving as it had done in any of the practice laps I did :S

There was some fun racing, Ludowic, I take my hat off to you mate - you were very patient and clever and never touched me once in about 5 or 6 serious passing attempts into T1 ... its quite ironic too that it was you who was stuck behind me, just mention my name to your brother, as last time I raced here he kept referring to me as "the wall" in his post race report :D

Anyhows ... was not totally impressed with the track choice (its much better as a motorbike circuit) but had some nice battles nevertheless ... a few knocks but to be expected, then there was a slightly weird almost poltergeist moment where my car seemed to take on a life of its own and I spun out sideways (I will blame a mental blip on my part and the rain for this, but seriously wondered whether there might have been some strange lag effect of the server causing a pushing effect on my car??) ... whatever, I lost myself a lot of time and a couple of places recovering, and dented my car a little more :D

Finished 11th, which was not a bad result all things considered.

Thanks chaps ... nice racing with yas, despite the pretty horrible conditions and a totally knackered car :rolleyes::D

@Lee: I checked the replay as I also was curious on what happened at the start and it seems that Gaëtan (I think it was) got a really good run, way too good, on the guy infront and had the check up to not pass before the line. It created a chain reaction and there were a couple of hits and spins there.

grats Marcin on the win.

what a race, hard track with bad conditions not a good mix,

Q, i was really nerves and made allot of little mistakes so finished more than 1sec of my pb.

start of the race was tight just had to try keep a good steady pace but not easy with so many fast guys around you, then the rain come to mix things up and with wearing tyres and wet track it was a real fight to keep on the line, had a few good battles but was mostly with Robin Johansson great fight m8, i stayed with softs all race and it seemed others might of done different as could see there grip levels dropping fast witch aloud me to close in.

would like to say thanks to Mikael Hellen you were stuck behind me for about 15mins with fresh tyres and couldn't pass or blue flags cheers for keeping your cool,

ps. sorry for not being on the chat but with rd ts going down i didn't know about the other chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes