rF2 2024mula 1 Australian Grand Prix - Monday 18th March 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
2024mula 1.jpg

Race 3 of the 2024mula 1 championship brings us to the classic Australian circuit that has never hosted an F1 World Championship race, and is high on every racing fan's bucket list for "We'd never see F1 there, but it would be awesome". To prove how awesome it is, Bathurst is the host of our Australian Grand Prix.

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 2024mula 1
Car(s):

• Formula Hybrid-22 - [STEAM]
    • Choose 2023 cars only
Track: BATHURST2016 - [Steam]
Layout: Bathurst 1000km

Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Low
DRS: Track does not have DRS zones
1710198367553.png

Event Times
Schedule: (EU) Monday 18th March 2024
Practice: 19:00 UK Local Time (75 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UK Local Time (15 minutes)
Warm-Up: 20:30 UK Local Time (5 minutes)
Race: 20:35 UK Local Time (33 Laps) Two tyre compounds must be used

Time Zone converter

• All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.

CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Sign-ups
(Racers in bold have signed up for this race)
Red Bull
#1: @Lesley Buurlage
#11: @ThreeLionz

Mercedes
#44: @Jimlaad43
#63:

Ferrari
#16: @David Steinacher
#55: @RockRacing77

McLaren
#4: @Steve Le Gallez
#81:

Aston Martin
#14: @Kamran Khan
#18: @Craig Dunkley

Alpine
#10: @Michel vL
#31:

Williams
#2: @jubes1971
#23: @Kresh

AlphaTauri/RB
#3:
#22:

Alfa Romeo/Stake
#24:
#77:

Haas
#20: @Ingemar Petersson
#27:

SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
Server is up, but if you haven't got the 2016 version of the track already downloaded, you'll not be able to download it currently. We are working on a solution.

Please may everyone who wants to race confirm below that you are free, so I can indicate this on the first post.

I've no idea how to setup this car...
Is the default setup decent?
That's all I've used so far, can the diff be tweaked to avoid the low speed wheelspin?

Does anyone find that entering the esses sometimes the car will just refuse to turn, and goes straight into the wall?
Maybe I'm taking too much speed into it, taking too much kerb, or running the car too low? It is tricky, blind and downhill.
And I'm almost afraid to ask, but what do we think a reference lap time is?

Does anyone find that entering the esses sometimes the car will just refuse to turn, and goes straight into the wall?
Maybe I'm taking too much speed into it, taking too much kerb, or running the car too low? It is tricky, blind and downhill.
And I'm almost afraid to ask, but what do we think a reference lap time is?
Here is a video of my fastest lap with the setup I have sent. Laptimes in qualifying are approaching the 1:35 mark. Get below 1:40 to begin with and it'll all improve from there.

Here is a video of my fastest lap with the setup I have sent. Laptimes in qualifying are approaching the 1:35 mark. Get below 1:40 to begin with and it'll all improve from there.
Nice lap!
I'm into the 39's, but haven't tried your set up yet. Default actually feels quite balanced. But I get a big kick of oversteer going into griffin's Lodge. Can that be sorted out with changing the diff?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 30 47.6%