2014 MotoGP season

And the streak is broken!

As a Pedrosa fan, I'm stocked he won. Márquez has the championship all but won at this point anyway.

Rossi seemed really enthusiastic on his way to the podium, even if he was just third.

Hell of a race in Moto3, Alex Rins won't be able to live that finish down for a while. There were like 13 or 14 riders in 2 seconds at the end of the race, quite crazy. First time in a while that there were no spaniards in the podium of Moto3, I think.

As for Moto2...Flagman might not be the hero we need, but he's the hero we deserve :D

Edit: Oh, and to highlight how amazing Márquez has been, today has been the first time he's finished a race outside the podium in MotoGP (he didn't finish Mugello because of a crash, and was DQd at Phillip Island).

Surprised that Marquez didn't win, but still happy for Dani. He deserved that victory.
Moto3 was awesome! I hope to see more of that kind of racing within 4-wheeled series!

Excellent rides by Rossi and Lorenzo (who made the wrong tyre choice again!). Marquez has been riding on the edge all year - he came unstuck in the race for the first time this season.

WOW!!!! Jack Miller skips Moto2, regardless of 2014 Moto3 outcome and signs deal with LCR Honda!! Wow, indeed. Bradl lost his shot (We heard the news before), too many crashes and LCR was probably going to be as good as it gets for him. Furthermore, LCR decided to add a 2nd rider and it is not the German. Crutchlow and Miller that should be fun to watch. And Bradl of course, will be with Forward Yamaha next year and no more factory bike. There you have it, that is how fast it goes in motorsport, but I am curious, does anyone know if what Miller is doing has been done before? Skip an entire class? I am duly impressed with the young Australian.

Surprised that Marquez didn't win, but still happy for Dani. He deserved that victory.
Moto3 was awesome! I hope to see more of that kind of racing within 4-wheeled series!
I'm confused. Are you saying Pedrosa deserved the win? If you do, I cannot follow that statement. First of all, this is a Yamaha track (4 consecutive wins) and except for warm-up where everyone was within a second practically anyways down to almost 15th spot, he was slowest of the top riders all weekend long. Had it stayed wet, the outcome would have been worse. He is not a master in the rain. Without Marquez toppling over (that did look awkward) in the slowest corner of the track, he would have been off the podium. I mean, if someone is strong all weekend long, then come race day blasts off leading everyone by at least 2 seconds and has a technical problem, then yes, he "deserved" to win...I just don't see that here. If anything, Andrea Dovizioso deserves a win. What that guy is doing with a notoriously difficult Ducati is impressive.
But, I want to take a minute to address #93. Marquez has been luckier than you would think (hold your horses, he is INCREDIBLE). But, lots of misconception out there about this kid. Look, he is VERY TALENTED, but to compare him already now to legends (living and dead) is simply ridiculous (all of the media is doing it). For all we know, he's like Alonso in F1. Comes on the scene, almost steals the show immediately from Schumacher, hailed to the heavens as the "NEW ONE", the "DESTINED ONE", he ends up with 2 titles, and then what??? Last time I checked he still had 2 titles (cannot improve a car to save his life) and MSC has 7.

More importantly, I also had the privilege to have an in-depth conversation with a former race engineer for the 250cc class (a few years back when he was working for Ralf Waldmann). VERY INTERESTING STUFF he had to say. For starters, he opened with a seemingly trivial comparison of the top riders physicality that nobody mentions. Ha, as trivial as it sounds, this is not to be underestimated whatsoever. Because on that level of engineering EVERY GRAM makes a difference. Marquez is shorter than anyone else (doesn't really matter) of the top riders and at least 15 lbs. lighter (7 - 8.5 kilograms) now that matters BIG TIME. He has also crashed several times in complete kamikaze style (Mugello at 310 kmh), where insiders question his feel for the limit as he simply overdoes it almost constantly. Look how many times he crashed last year alone. If you will, he could consider himself lucky to be alive, even Lorenzo "joked" about that...I just do not buy into this "miracle rider" attribute. Another mention was his father, a guy who vicariously lives through his children, an overachiever, who never had true success on his own. Case in point, look at his reaction when Marc topples over, it is not like "oh shoot, too much, but he tried." No, his reaction is along the lines of "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???". Cannot imagine the pressure these kids are under stemming from their own household...

I'm confused. Are you saying Pedrosa deserved the win? If you do, I cannot follow that statement. First of all, this is a Yamaha track (4 consecutive wins) and except for warm-up where everyone was within a second practically anyways down to almost 15th spot, he was slowest of the top riders all weekend long. Had it stayed wet, the outcome would have been worse. He is not a master in the rain. Without Marquez toppling over (that did look awkward) in the slowest corner of the track, he would have been off the podium. I mean, if someone is strong all weekend long, then come race day blasts off leading everyone by at least 2 seconds and has a technical problem, then yes, he "deserved" to win...I just don't see that here. If anything, Andrea Dovizioso deserves a win. What that guy is doing with a notoriously difficult Ducati is impressive.
But, I want to take a minute to address #93. Marquez has been luckier than you would think (hold your horses, he is INCREDIBLE). But, lots of misconception out there about this kid. Look, he is VERY TALENTED, but to compare him already now to legends (living and dead) is simply ridiculous (all of the media is doing it). For all we know, he's like Alonso in F1. Comes on the scene, almost steals the show immediately from Schumacher, hailed to the heavens as the "NEW ONE", the "DESTINED ONE", he ends up with 2 titles, and then what??? Last time I checked he still had 2 titles (cannot improve a car to save his life) and MSC has 7.

More importantly, I also had the privilege to have an in-depth conversation with a former race engineer for the 250cc class (a few years back when he was working for Ralf Waldmann). VERY INTERESTING STUFF he had to say. For starters, he opened with a seemingly trivial comparison of the top riders physicality that nobody mentions. Ha, as trivial as it sounds, this is not to be underestimated whatsoever. Because on that level of engineering EVERY GRAM makes a difference. Marquez is shorter than anyone else (doesn't really matter) of the top riders and at least 15 lbs. lighter (7 - 8.5 kilograms) now that matters BIG TIME. He has also crashed several times in complete kamikaze style (Mugello at 310 kmh), where insiders question his feel for the limit as he simply overdoes it almost constantly. Look how many times he crashed last year alone. If you will, he could consider himself lucky to be alive, even Lorenzo "joked" about that...I just do not buy into this "miracle rider" attribute. Another mention was his father, a guy who vicariously lives through his children, an overachiever, who never had true success on his own. Case in point, look at his reaction when Marc topples over, it is not like "oh shoot, too much, but he tried." No, his reaction is along the lines of "WHAT ARE YOU DOING???". Cannot imagine the pressure these kids are under stemming from their own household...
Ummm... did you see the post date? It is for the Brno race.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.6%