2012 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good effort in Q3 from Hamilton and Alonso, but the day belongs to Vettel as he just kept logging faster laps every time he got out there. Of course they do not award points for qualifying and in an unpredictable season like we are having we will just have to wait to see if Red Bull can finally win in Canada.

PS: Bad luck for Maldonado on the finally turn on his final lap in Q2. He had a good lap going but while it was not a full on shunt like the "Wall of Champions" has delivered to other drivers in the past, the wall did prove to be better than the Venezuelan today. I suspect we will see this pretty spectacular spin on the highlight reels for the years to come. :devilish:

The atmosphere here in canada is somewhat disappointing, people were leavIng as they saw the top 3 results. Not a lot of rb fans i tell you. Most of my section nearby the paddock are mclaren fans. Oh well, cant do much on this phone but il upload pics after sunday.

Hamilton and Alonso better team up if they wanna take out vettel from staying 1st. Track fits RB.
Not a surprise he is 1st, t his year the gap is juat close but u cant deny he was -100s lap after lap so good job of him even tho i have a feeling he'll be in the pressure pf lewis and fernando.

When Schumi was in his last flying lap, his team told him to stop and return to the box! LOL, they though he crossed the line on the red light! is that a good things from professional team!?

Is Mclaren on the back foot as we see JB struggling, If we see a major improvement in qualifying from JB then we know that Mclaren has a dominant car.

Hearing LH comments today gives me the impression that the car will no perform well in race pace and looking back at the last GP the tires was not lasting as long as the other teams

Ferrari and FA may have the upper hand to when it comes to tire preservation.

In all I think this is one race to look out for:)

So why did Button run on primes? Don't you do that to skip a pitstop with rain?
But anyway, how do you think Vettel will lose? I mean, it is a given, right? He has already won.

I say Button fights back to 3th, and in the last 20 or 15 laps Hamilton gains pace but can't get past Vettel. And in the last lap, Vettel smashes his car on "The Wall" after the very last corner. Very "F1-2012-ish", isn't it? ;)

Tbh I would like to see anyone except for Vettel, Alonso or Webber to win so that is could tighten up the standings even more and make the race at Valencia some what more interesting with the battle for the lead on the championship. :)

When Schumi was in his last flying lap, his team told him to stop and return to the box! LOL, they though he crossed the line on the red light! is that a good things from professional team!?
Well spotted! I was wondering already what happened why he reacted so furious in the cockpit.

What would have happened if MSC just ignored the team radio and finished that lap, assuming he was too late? Do you get DSQ'ed for that in F1?

Well spotted! I was wondering already what happened why he reacted so furious in the cockpit.

What would have happened if MSC just ignored the team radio and finished that lap, assuming he was too late? Do you get DSQ'ed for that in F1?
Maybe, we don't know the rules about that, he should slow down i think, but i was watching at the same time live timing and he had a green first sector 20.8 so he could improved at least for P3 or P4! anyway it was another big mistake from his professional team, i don't trust them any more, something wrong is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 24 58.5%