2012 FIA World Endurance Championship

Well, 12h of Sebring, 24h Le Mans, not sure if i can agree with you. Just consider how exiting the PLM was over the years, this split up (Bahrain is at the exact same date like the PLM) will probably ruin the PLM a little.

Don't get me wrong, I also would like to see PLM on the calendar instead of some artificial race in the Middle East desert. Was just thinking out loud why they made this decision.

I also think that Spa should be a 24 hour race like it used to be. But from costs point of view a lot of 6 hour races will result in a full field of cars.

Karun Chandhok is hoping to dovetail a third driver role in Formula 1 next season with a sportscar campaign in the new World Endurance Championship.

The Indian, who appeared nine times as a Friday driver for Team Lotus this year as well as racing in Germany, accepts that it is very unlikely he will land a full-time cockpit for 2012.

"My target is still F1, but the new World Endurance Championship is very interesting. There's only one clash with the F1 calendar, so I can keep my hand in there doing a bunch of Fridays and then hopefully combine it with an LMP1 programme."
Source

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Forum trophies