rF2 2.5h WEC @ Silverstone - Sat 17th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Probably just rFactor 2 being rFactor 2 but I got a big crash to desktop when running the F458 where the wheel would continue to shake until I entirely managed to close the rFactor 2 application.

Probably just rFactor 2 being rFactor 2 but I got a big crash to desktop when running the F458 where the wheel would continue to shake until I entirely managed to close the rFactor 2 application.

That does sound like a problem with rF2 itself, rather than the mod. Not heard of any similar issues in relation to either the game or the mod, but I shall keep my eyes peeled. Let us know if it occurs again. :thumbsup:

I am currently signed up for the LMP1 as a solo.
The admin staff are encouraging me to pair up with another driver as two driver teams will take priority over solos.
It also means the nucleous of a VWEC team will have possibly been formed.
I have approached one driver on this subject.

"Figjam Racing" ran last years VWEC (all events 6/8/12 hr) and came P3 in the team results.
If you are keen to enter in the LMP1 and have reasonable pace please send me a PM and we could do a session on the server.
If you are interestred in the VWEC season thats a big bonus.

I have a small suggestion. At the moment there seems to be a lot of interest in the LMP1 category.
Can we change the GT:LMP1 ratio to 2:1 or at least show how the driver pairings are prioritiised, because with the current ratio 2 LMP1 would need to drop out and people should know, if they get a drive or not.

I did a 1 hour race here vs AI for practice.
First observation: Visually stunning overnight effects. Not sure whether its due to the New AMD 14:4 driver on my MSI Twin Frozr (AMD) 7850 card which have given me approx +50% frame rates, or the game but with time at X10 and a 5 pm start the dusk and sunset were stunning. I have HDR on Auto. The sun flickering on the sides of the interior of the R18 LMP1 cockpit very immersive. Once fully dark it was like ...driving in the dark with headlights, spotting the kerbs was the best sighter. Took a while to get into it but my best lap (confidential) was set at 1:00 am.
Second Observation: The AI dont seem to know how to refuel and one AI was very naughty.
They all ran out of fuel or simply didnt emerge from the pits. One car drove straight through using pit lane speed limiter. Next lap around he was +2 sec with me in P1. After pit lane he was in P1. The replay showed him taking a short cut through pit lane at full speed (250kph).

I did a 1 hour race here vs AI for practice.
First observation: Visually stunning overnight effects. Not sure whether its due to the New AMD 14:4 driver on my MSI Twin Frozr (AMD) 7850 card which have given me approx +50% frame rates, or the game but with time at X10 and a 5 pm start the dusk and sunset were stunning. I have HDR on Auto. The sun flickering on the sides of the interior of the R18 LMP1 cockpit very immersive. Once fully dark it was like ...driving in the dark with headlights, spotting the kerbs was the best sighter. Took a while to get into it but my best lap (confidential) was set at 1:00 am.
Second Observation: The AI dont seem to know how to refuel and one AI was very naughty.
They all ran out of fuel or simply didnt emerge from the pits. One car drove straight through using pit lane speed limiter. Next lap around he was +2 sec with me in P1. After pit lane he was in P1. The replay showed him taking a short cut through pit lane at full speed (250kph).

I think it's normal that something like this happens. it's just like the modding team of the mod didn't give the A an I :) it's more for multiplayer purpose without any AI drivers ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.