WRC9 1-2 second "double pause"?

Any idea on how to fix the 1-2 second pausing (happens in doubles) in the game? I think I finally fixed the FPS/physics issue but the pausing is driving me crazy. I am currently NOT using my G29 and using an Xbox controller.

Any idea on how to fix the 1-2 second pausing (happens in doubles) in the game? I think I finally fixed the FPS/physics issue but the pausing is driving me crazy. I am currently NOT using my G29 and using an Xbox controller.
Try the tips from Rozza38 it saved me:) :

I was having multiple 2 pauses in a rally. The first was probably half a second with the second one being shorter and came just a second or so after the first.
I tried tweaking loads of stuff but no effect. When I ran the game windowed with resource monitor on the hitches coincided with a spike in network activity.
What was doing it for me was my printer in sleep mode and some program called something like spooler.
I shutdown my printer and the hitches have gone.
I suggest running the game windowed with the resource manager (you can get to it from task manager) running and see what happens when your game hitches.
I assume as the game communicates to share data for ghost etc is when any spike in network activity might cause the hitches.
Sorry if this doesn't work for you.

I also suggest running the game with a FPS monitor at your normal settings so you can see your actual in game FPS.
I did this with my RTX3080 and 5420 x 1440 Ultrawide monitor and was very surprised at the large dips in FPS although it still looked smooth.
I spent the afternoon tweaking settings until I could maintain a solid 120 FPS under all conditions and was very surprised at how much I had to reduce the settings to achieve this.
Prior to this I used to have all graphic settings at max and thought it was running well with occasional stutter.
But now it's super smooth and I never ever get any slowdown, stutter or pauses , runs perfect.
I think I am slightly faster too as it's so smooth and responsive now.

Last edited:
Ok guys i finally found the problem!!

In fact, while trying to connect my xbox controller during a replay I noticed that I had exactly the same big freeze of 1 or 2 seconds and in WRC 8 same problem!

I remembered that dirt rally 2 had the same problem before an update from codemasters and that a developer on gift hub (Simon Owen) had created a fix by modifying a DLL (d8input.dll) and putting it in the game directory.

The bug of WRC game is that it disconnects / reconnects quickly randomly the usb port of the steering wheel or controller so these big freezes of 1 or 2 seconds.

ET VOILA I recovered this modified DLL and I put it in the directory of WRC9 ... there is no more big freezes :)... there remains a problem is that I lose the force feedback each time the game triggers this DLL...so I quickly press/depress the pause button and the forcefeedback returns.

I'm in contact with Simon Owen to see if he can modify this DLL but finally I have a solution to be able to play properly on this game.
Guys, THIS is the problem and the solution - its the same in WRC 9. Sadly, the d8input.dll mentioned in this thread a few posts later, is down. Currently searching the web...

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I will test it and I'm very courious if it still works in WRC 10. For me, this did the job in WRC 9 with a Fanatec Wheel.

*EDIT* Well, its definitly better!
Instead of 1-2 Seconds Lag and then warping in the next fences/rocks, you get now 2 little stutters ("the classical one", like your PC is to slow) and then your ffb is gone. But just go into pause > unpause and then ffb is back again. So, still not perfect, but WAAAY more playable!

Thank you again @Tiger_33 for the file! :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I will test it and I'm very courious if it still works in WRC 10. For me, this did the job in WRC 9 with a Fanatec Wheel.

*EDIT* Well, its definitly better!
Instead of 1-2 Seconds Lag and then warping in the next fences/rocks, you get now 2 little stutters ("the classical one", like your PC is to slow) and then your ffb is gone. But just go into pause > unpause and then ffb is back again. So, still not perfect, but WAAAY more playable!

Thank you again @Tiger_33 for the file! :)

When I use this file my T3oo wheel is no longer recognized by the game. I'm glad it works for you though.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 57.1%