Rally - Monte Carlo 2014 - Mon 13th & Tue 14th January 2014

A great session indeed! Surprised I took a session stage win, probably when the others had problems.

Really liked the choice of stages, I (finally) had my head in place which means I got to the end of the rally in one piece! (and probably the first time I reached the end of Puy du Lac without spinning once). Also drove the Sorica stage for the very first time and finished it, quite happy with that as well.

Had a few encounters with trees, mainly in Bisanne, and had to reverse from a few hairpins as well as spinning in the
middle of the road once or twice.

A bit gutted that I clipped some 80's style spectators that were too balsy and stood on the inside of a hairpin on the last stage. Just like Damien, I opened the door to check if I had to call it a day, but the blonde woman eventually got up. Robert Reid did say "don't cut"...

@Magnus Lindgren, WHAT TIRES DID YOU CHOSE ON JOUX VERTE! ? Sorry for the capital letters, but I was (and still am a bit) in such a hype after that stage, because on the uphill the dry tarmac tire gamble must really have paid off as I was many seconds in front at the splits, but you ended up beating me by 0.6 seconds! I did have my "reversing at the hairpin" episode there as well I think, but this just felt like a PROPER Monte-Carlo tire gamble, and for the time I have been racing here and on the RDRC I know my pace is behind yours, but not by huge amounts, so I get a cool buzz everytime you are on the same session because I know I have a realistic time to aim for, which is yours! Although I almost never manage :)

EDIT

Haha only saw this now! But I don't regret my decision, although now I remember there was a bit more wallriding at some hairpins that would have meant retirement in real life... :D

Roy and Ole Marius, as far as my opinion is concerned, the RD Rally Club couldn't have started better, thumbs up for you guys!! :)

And here's even some replays: https://www.mediafire.com/?0e2mrwd5b7r7hxa

Hi Daniel - I'm guessing the best way to learn is by watching the experts! So I've downloaded your replay runs, saved then in the reply RBR folder but how do you then watch them?????

Thanks

@Karl Raudsepp If you see this before you close RSCenter, remember to save your times!! There might be a timing bug for you on SS1!
Oh snap. I didn't save any times, but I saved replays. Also I had some weird moment when RBR crashed when I was loading SS6. I came back in session and drove it. Hopefully I won't get any penalty for that.

Here is link for my replays anyway.

Rally itself was fun actually. Nice stages, very Monte like. I don't know much about my pace, but I'm hoping for good result, even though I had 2 new stages this time. Fingers crossed :)

Hi Daniel - I'm guessing the best way to learn is by watching the experts! So I've downloaded your replay runs, saved then in the reply RBR folder but how do you then watch them?????

Thanks

That is indeed a good idea! That is why I recommend you to wait for the results and then download the replays from the fastest driver that has sent them, because the only thing you'll learn from mine is that I always brake early enough to make Sure I don't crash. And I still manage to fail sometimes :D

Also, I rolled with the default setup all the way, so if watching it helps in any way, I am glad :)

Did SS1 at EUR session with a few spins and once even rolled the car so had to call for help. After finishing the stage I realized - I dont really want to do that rally right now so I quit :p I might join OC just for the fun of it :)

I have alot of mileage as I started back in 2010 or 2011, but Im not used to driving cars with this much power. I know the Cote d'Arbroz stage in my head ;)

Darn it!
I missed the OC session..had some travelling to do and went a bit late and today is full with uni stuff...when driving 500 Kilometres theres quite some space for traffic jams..but travelling through Germany is always nice!!hehe
I know, the rally is finished, but would it be possible to have a superlate-evening session (everything after 19:30GMT would be awesome) created?? *lookinglikethecatinshrek*
:(
this rally seemed to be so much fun..

SS1- Clean and steady run. Made sure to keep my rear wheels of the grass to avoid spinning. Felt a bit slow in the final sector, but overall not too bad.
SS2- I really enjoy this stage, especially the flowing final sector. Pace was not-so-flash, but I had lots of fun driving here.
SS3- Never liked the first sector with the hairpins, but once out of there had a really good feeling, OK pace.
SS4- Felt a massive lack of grip here, pace wasn't too bad, but it felt slow.
SS5- I really don't like hairpins :p. Two mistakes in that first section, maybe a wee bit lucky to survive the first one, locked my brakes and went into some trees, but able to reverse out.
SS6- Quite unfamiliar with this stage. Had a good feeling in the beginning, but then after a mistake where I nearly went off the road, lost a bit of confidence.

--

Had a great battle with Keegan Buckley as well, we were really closely matched on all the stages, although he took a big chunk out of me on SS6 to get ahead, well done.

Cheers to Roy and Ole for organizing :thumbsup:

Edit: replays: https://www.mediafire.com/?2j8ctoaamm6jydp

SS1: Puy du Lac. every. single. time.

Going well until the end where in the world of RBR hay bales are made of concrete, which subsequently killed the engine. which was a shame. Seriously though, PdL might as well be my version of Kryptonite. :p

SS2: Great stage :D only mistake was when the pc froze for a second and I found myself in some tyres. But maximum attack afterwards to make up so I'm quite chuffed with my final time.

SS3: Lost concentration for a second and had a half spin! No matter, still an enjoyable stage either way :)

SS4: I didnt realise Bisanne could be any more fun....then suddenly snow mod. Don't even care where I get in this stage, was so awesome!!

SS5: Lots of sideways action, but patience is definitely a virtue when dealing with Monte Mod so I'm pleased with my time.

SS6: Didn't have much confidence with the spectators etc so took I was fairly cautious. Only mistake was stalling at one of the hairpins, need to practice them more as these cars definitely require the clutch more than others!

Thanks guys for organising, genuinely loved it!

Very close racing with you lot! Have to do it more often, especially with RDRC looming in the distance..
Great battle with Matt, would have loved to seen where I would have got if Puy Du Lac didn't catch me out YET again.

Well that was a nightmare. Rallyesim would not let me register my name "theFlash" so I set it as "the__flash".
I did this just before the start of the rally and then I forgot the RSRBR setting was automatic shifting by default so I promptly false started the first stage. Auto shifting is horrible and I felt out of control and ended stage one with a dnf. I tried to regroup for stage 2 but was so out of sorts that I had another DNF. After that I abandoned.

Still it was nice to sit in the cockpit and hear the sounds of the engine and co-driver. I love rally even if it doesn't love me.

Thanks to all for making this happen. It was nice to see so many people sign up too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back