Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

Is the G27 supposed to a fan inside that you can hear when it's on? I'm sure I read this somewhere here but I don't hear a fan in mine and it's getting quite warm after some use.

Upvote 0
The motors inside the G27 are the most basic RC car inspired Mabuchi you can find. Even these motors should be able to withstand temps up towards 70-80 degrees celcius which means "quite warm" is fine. If its hot as in "ouch, hot!" hot, then you can worry.

Upvote 0
I'm having a problem with my downshift paddle. It's not currently registering with the software at all. I don't have the H-shifter plugged in and I have the pedals plugged into a Bodnar cable, so the wheel is by itself. I've been working on mounting an SRW-S1 wheel onto the G27's wheel base. So when using either the SRW or the normal G27 wheel, when I pulled the downshift paddle nothing happens, both in game (F1 2011) and in the logitech profiler. I've had the wheel base opened up, but I've checked every screw and connection and they are all accounted for. The switch that pulling the paddle activates still clicks. The right up shift paddle works just fine. The SRW doesn't have its paddles or gas/brake levers so there aren't any conflicts there.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Upvote 0
If the paddle shifter was working fine before you started to make changes for the other wheel, I would first off look for a pinched or broken wire. If you don't find any using a multimeter then I would look at replacing the switch. It is possible that the shifter has buttons identical to the one used on the paddle shifter so you could swap one on the shifter for that one.

Upvote 0
Just got the G27 yesterday, is the clutch pedal supposed to have a heavier spring than the brake pedal? It sure feels like I need to press harder on the clutch for some reason.

No it should be much stronger on the brake(middle) than the clutch(left) pedal. But it's actually better if you could use the left pedal for braking, except if you want to actually use the clutch.

If you bought it second hand, chances are that the seller swopped the springs between the clutch and the brake.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking of upgrading my DFGT to a G27. I assume that's the best wheel I'm going to get for under £250? I don't have any more budget than that, just want to make sure I'm getting the best kit for my money. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
T
Well you can't go wrong with the G27 Justin. Solid wheel and ditto pedals that in combination with excellent customer support within the term of warranty makes it a bargain in the long term.
Thanks Bram. What about the pedals? I find the DFGT has quite a bit of dead zone and only the last 50% of travel is effective. Are the G27 pedals better? I've heard they have the same "gizmos" inside?

Upvote 0
What about the pedals? I find the DFGT has quite a bit of dead zone and only the last 50% of travel is effective. Are the G27 pedals better? I've heard they have the same "gizmos" inside?

My experience with a G25 pedal set is excellent. A very good and solid set of pedals. I think the G27's are almost identical.
I'd guess there is no comparison between DFGT and G27 pedals.

Upvote 0
Hi , I'm having a problem with my G27. I was having no problem when playing GSC 2012 and F1 2012. I got iracing and started playing it for a while. After playing iracing for a couple of weeks I went back to GSC 2012 and the wheel is whacked out, also in F1 2012. I can't play them. As I remember for GSC and F1 I had set up a profile, but for iracing I adjusted the Global Device Settings. I defaulted those settings back but it didn't work. I mean the FFB is all ****ed.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back