Just saying hello.

Johnny Speed

Premium
I just signed up here at race department. I want to say hi! My name is David Cerio, I just noticed that in order to take part in official RD online races I need to use my real name on here and online.
How do I change my tag on this website, and how do I change it "in game"?

I am new to SimBin games and I just want to say they are great!

I play Race07/GTR Evolution as well as GTR2 and GT Legends.

Thanks for reading, and again I say hello!

Dave.

Welcome, it looks like you found the right place. Apply for a free RD racing licence here! Your licence will get into any of the races, any club and it's all you need besides an understanding of the rules. Don't forget to download Teamspeak as being on it when driving online will get you up to speed quicker.

See you in the servers soon David!

Heya!

There are two ways to do this - you could simply create a new profile in-game and delete the old one - you will lose your stats and some settings, though.

Alternatively, you can create a new profile, exit the game, empty the new profile's folder (somewhere around "My Documents/SimBin/RACE07/UserData" and copy the old profile's files into it. Afterwards, you have to rename both the .PLR and .GAL file to fit your new profile's name and should be all set :)

DaveC, but you can use the simplest method of them all - Go to My documents/SimBin/Race07/UserData, look for your "BigJimCritters" folder, rename the name of the folder, go inside and there should be two or three additional files with the same name. Rename them too and you are all set. No hassle. :D

Or if you like to keep the other one, copy your "BigjimCritters" folder and for this copy rename the necessary folder and file as Arne told you.
So, on RD you choose the new one as profile but still may change if you prefer your previous profile for another use. ;)

Yes! My license was approved! Thank you!

What is this "teamspeak"? I assume it is for being able to talk to each other while racing. Headphones and microphones? Is it a requirement to partake in the races? I don't have a mic..

Thanks Arne. I will be attempting to change my online name this weekend when I get back to my sim rig.

Thank you for the advice. I am looking forward to getting on track with you guys and having some fun.

Just one more question....(sorry, lol) are the servers open for practice during off hours? Like, log into the server with the password, and run laps. If other people are there or not...open practice I guess is what I mean.

Dave.

Practicing offline using "Additional Events" will leave you wondering where all your speed went when you join a server in P1. Great grip offline in Practice and in Time Attack where tire grip is magically set to "fantastic " for you.!

Last edited:
Try to get two laps in a row within one second. It does not need to be the fastest you can go, just consistent, predictable times. Then try to do that 3 laps in a row.. And then 4 laps.. and... well, you get the picture. Once you can just go on track and put 6 laps in, with full confidence, you are ready as one can be.
Just an example, i'm not a fast driver, i'm really slow. But last league race, i went from 16th fastest in raw pace in 22 driver grid to 9th in the finish. No mistakes = top ten finish (rain helped "a bit").

"To finish first, first you have to finish". A good driver is measured how many laptimes he can do in a row (with exception: 107% rule is not a joke, it really applies.. if you are within 107% from the winners pace, you have earned you place in the race...if you are not that fast you need to more laps until you get there. That level is with in reach of everyone, in my honest opinion)

Go to Time Attack mode to get rid of some variables but don't stay there too long. 10 laps is max, after that you will suffer (yuo are used to higher grip than what is simulated as "real life"). As a warmup or learning to drive consistently for few laps, it's a really good place to practice. Then get the hell out of there and drive with full simulation (tires do no wear or suffer thermal effects in Time Attack, tires are you most important piece of equipment, they allow acceleration and turning, so one need to learn to use them properly....Sooner that starts, the better...)

Learning the tracks, well, there is only one cure for that: drive.... It gets easier as the time goes by. At some point you can go to a totally new track and be within few seconds from your absolute best in first few laps.

Good luck, this is a hobby that very soon grows to a sport or obsession. Or both.

Very good advice Kennett! I totally agree with your write up. I spend most of my time running free practice with the AI cars to learn the tracks and build up speed.
I usually run 5 to 10 laps at a time then get out before frustration sets in. Lol.

After that I go to time trial mode, and download ghosts of other humans that are a bit faster than me and learn their lines and try to make the pass to beat them.

I have been on the servers a few times, but that's when the nerves get me and sometimes I do quite well and other times I suck royally!

Sim racing has been a hobby/obsession of mine for many years. I wish I discovered SimBin earlier. I can't go back to the console racers now.

Great games, great community...no comparison.

Dave.

Very good advice Kennett! I totally agree with your write up. I spend most of my time running free practice with the AI cars to learn the tracks and build up speed.
I usually run 5 to 10 laps at a time then get out before frustration sets in. Lol.

After that I go to time trial mode, and download ghosts of other humans that are a bit faster than me and learn their lines and try to make the pass to beat them.

I have been on the servers a few times, but that's when the nerves get me and sometimes I do quite well and other times I suck royally!

Sim racing has been a hobby/obsession of mine for many years. I wish I discovered SimBin earlier. I can't go back to the console racers now.

Great games, great community...no comparison.

Dave.

Yeah it can be a little nerve racking to get on track with some good drivers but if you can relax and enjoy it, it will produce some cracking battles. I moved over from Race Pro (360) to PC sim racing and I will never look back :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back