1 - The rSeat 90 Minutes of Sebring

Thx David... thats what I say to my drivers and its what you says:

Until Green I watch carefully not to overtake.
On Green race is open... and I push....no matter where
the start finish line is!

Now that point is clear too, all is clear :)

About the overtaking, you can´t overtake before green in road. Once the race is green...

Yeah, in rolling start your row sometimes go faster than the other row... you can´t breake to not overtake. With Green race goes ON.

I believe you can get an automatic penalty by the game (stop & go) if you overtake a car that started on the SAME SIDE (right or left lane) as you do, before crossing the start/finish line.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the second car on the grid cannot cross the start/finish line before the car on pole crosses the line, or he will also get an automatic black flag by the game.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you can get an automatic penalty by the game (stop & go) if you overtake a car that started on the SAME SIDE (right or left lane) as you do, before crossing the start/finish line.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the second car on the grid cannot cross the start/finish line before the car on pole crosses the line, or he will also get an automatic black flag by the game.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I thought too, otherwise people could back off and then floor it just before it goes green and fly past everybody.

I'm pretty sure this is correct.

But I've seen this:

...happen several times in the official series where a guy from 4th overtook pole-guy before S/F and didn't get any penalty, however that was in the McLaren class while the leaders in Corvette took the actual green flag.

Guess people will just have to find out since David says they allow it, grr... Take a risk or wait lol...

May as well do some sort of write up.

Qualified "well", it was the quickest time I'd run all day, but messed up the 2nd lap.

While I was sat on the grid, I noticed that I was getting a rather shocking 36fps, so I thought I'd better start from the pit lane to not ruin anyone's race. Unfortunately, I misjudged my half-hearted pass on Georg Naujoks and hit the inside wall at T1, bounced off and into poor Georg. I feel very bad :(

On a different note, my team mate wouldn't have made it into the session had I been able to summon him during qualifying... because all 43 grid spots were taken? Thoughts on that? I'd be a lot less passive about this had my teammate actually been trying to get in before the race started.

iRacing crashed after the finish when I pressed ESC, so I didn't get a chance to congratulate the winner. So: Congratulations Enzo for a flawless drive and a fantastic pole time!

All things considered, I have to be very pleased with finishing second in this race. I don't know what happened to my computer, because in practice, even with 30+ cars on track, I have good frame-rate, but in the whole race my frame-rate was 30-50 fps and I had a lot of 2-3 second screen freezes, and then at the end the game crashed to desktop when I was getting out of the car, which it has never done before. A couple of those screen-freezes caused me to lose positions in the first laps, but I guess I was lucky to keep the car on the track when everything turned into a slide-show. I'll have to look into it and make sure it is fixed for the next race. Other than that it turned out into a fun race, especially with Dave Gelink (congratulations for the podium finish), and the result was a good way to start the season. Just feel sorry for my team-mate, who had a lot of pace in practice but had a race to forget.

Overall I have to say I love the team aspect of this league, and we are really making the most of it in Danielsson Motorsport virtual. It's great fun!

On a different note, my team mate wouldn't have made it into the session had I been able to summon him during qualifying... because all 43 grid spots were taken? Thoughts on that? I'd be a lot less passive about this had my teammate actually been trying to get in before the race started.

Despite repeated warnings to not join as drivers, several non drivers joined as drivers, which meant actual drivers not being able to join.

I'll refrain from saying what I think (the words "too stupid to remember to breathe" come to mind) but I have to admit I find it partially funny

Despite repeated warnings to not join as drivers, several non drivers joined as drivers, which meant actual drivers not being able to join.
I am already working on it Joao, it was the down side of the race today, as two teams Torque Freak Racing and ABRacing could only join with one driver. Tomorrow I will get something out of the office.

Is there a list somewhere with all the drivers for every team?
Yes, it does exist a list with all the drivers registered to race the series. Why? :)

It was an exciting race to watch! Very close racing all around. Good to see the STC back in such great form and with such an impressive starting field!
Congratulations to the podium and to Pawel and Mikael for doing a good job!

Hi there!
What a fantastic and eventful race for me, just have to forgot the hit that put me out of 2nd and the possibility to fight for the lead...
At Radicals we had a great setup and were fairly prepared for a good race.

Qual lap wasnt my best but only 1 tenth off my best so i was happy with that, with 90 mins of racing starting 4th was a thing i didn't expect because it was the first race with my new wheel (T500RS).

Start was good and eventually kept behind of Dave and Roland, we had some good battles battling for 2nd on the first stint and expected Enzo to say bye, but after i managed to pass Dave and Roland, i was catching him, was impressed with my race pace to be honest, i was on fire lol! :roflmao:

Managed to be on 4s mark with Enzo before the pits and when i entered pit i put 12L more than needed, that put me behind 2 guys battling hard, overtook them but did a mistake exiting to the back straight and they catched again, tried to defend a bit but the AbRacing guy didn't turn in at all and hit me from behind.

After all the %%&$$$XXXFFFSSS and a bit of damage (i have to be pleased because i could continue the race) rejoined behind my team mate Scott, who let me pass after some laps, and we were catching a huge train of cars, and i put my best to fix my race and remain at least on Top5, which i finally did finishing 4th.

Had a fun race after all, the atmosphere here is really good and i love the Team thing :D.

Thanks to all fellow racers, organizers and spectators!

See you in the next one!

this was the race from my point of view

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back