AI uses wet tyres in the dry: not even specified.

Hi guys,

First off: Happy New Year!

Driving the AI I noticed about 35% of the cars using the wet tyres while in the dry.
In this case it was the VRC Formula NA 2021 road kit.
So, simple fix I thought: just make sure they don't have wet tyres :)
Well, as it turns out; there are no wet tyres in ANY file in the data folder (I took the .acd out).
Not in tyres.ini, AI tyres.ini, setup.ini, ai.ini and so on. To be sure, I looked in all the files; nothing!

Weird thing is, the option for tyre compound is not even in the setup.ini, but I guess "it" sees two compounds and so the option magically appears for that one. So, it should be two choices, right?

I can't wrap my head around it as to why it does take that third choice that is not even there.
It is seriously starting to annoy me by now, so I thought I'd ask.
Thanks guys.

Because there are only a few cars around which have defined rain tires, all other cars have guessed rain tires by CSP.

Open car.ini, change the version of the header to 2 and remove/comment the part
Code:
[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=1
The rain tires should be gone afterwards. If not I'd need to take a closer look. Its 7am and I'm with my first coffee. :whistling:

Had to install this car first, and sadly I cant find anything too. I guess this is a decision made by CSP.

Imho there is nothing you can do. But maybe I'm wrong, in that case Id like to know the solution. :)

Sorry for the late reply @Pfalzdriver I got in a bit of a pickle with myself and time.
Thank you for your efforts mate, very much appreciated!!
Well, if you can't find it, I certainly can't, but I will keep looking and if I do find something; I will let you know!
Thanks again mate.

Because there are only a few cars around which have defined rain tires, all other cars have guessed rain tires by CSP.

Open car.ini, change the version of the header to 2 and remove/comment the part
Code:
[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=1
The rain tires should be gone afterwards. If not I'd need to take a closer look. Its 7am and I'm with my first coffee. :whistling:
Hey pfalz, sorry for the question, i have a problem with wet tyres, if i play quick drive (with extended physics) i can show wet tyres in game, when i play custom championship, i can't see wet tyres, Is there a way to solve this?thanks a lot!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 513 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 316 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 166 22.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 200 26.8%
Back