Vanishing post in Forum?

Hello!

Posted to the F1Mx forum earlier. Was my first post, so saw it got held for moderation, which is totally fair.

Then I got a notification of a trophy for 'first post', which I assumed meant it had been approved. But now it just seems to have disappeared - it's not in the forum, it's not listed under my content, and i seem to have a notification of 1 message but when I click that it says "no messages found"

Totally fine if what I posted was inappropriate - would just be good to know, if so, what I did wrong? Either here or in a private message. That way if I need to correct something, I can.

Thanks in advance!

No problem. You should have received an alert when your post was moved, did that not happen? The reason for moving was recorded as "Breach of multiple rules (external links, advertising, recruiting)".
If you review our Terms of Service (link at bottom of each page) this should make more sense :thumbsup:

Thanks for the response! For the record - no, I received no messaging either via the internal messaging or email (hence the post here). It was simply "pending" at one point, then next time I checked back wasn't anywhere. Except the phantom "1 message" notification. That was why I was slightly confused. I'd assumed if I'd screwed up, there'd be a notification of sorts.

Completely happy to redo without reference to why I've been playing F1 Manager for 420hrs. It was mostly there for context - I have no desire to recruit or advertise and that wasn't my intention. I'm happy with my audience levels elsewhere and have no need to promote here.

But I'm not sure how I can address the external links rule? I did initially try to upload the F1 Manager saves directly to the post, as that would have been my preferred option. But they're .sav files which are blocked by the uploader.

Is it possible to secure permission to external link, in that one instance (the T&Cs suggest it might be possible)? The only alternative would be to refer to them being available elsewhere, but that would mean sticking them on my discord (or similar) which - understandably - would fall foul of advertising again.

Basically these are fun saves to play, and add new life to a game I know people enjoy. I've very much benefitted from the mods people post here, and I just want to give a bit back in a similar way.

If you have any suggestions as to an acceptable linking/uploading alternative, I'd be grateful. And also happy to run text of initial post past any moderators as well, to avoid the same thing happening again.

Thanks for the response! For the record - no, I received no messaging
OK, thanks. This probably means that the alerts aren't working once the post is moved to a deleted area. (Hmm, not sure how to address that but will ponder.)
Completely happy to redo without reference to why I've been playing F1 Manager for 420hrs. It was mostly there for context - I have no desire to recruit or advertise and that wasn't my intention. I'm happy with my audience levels elsewhere and have no need to promote here.
You can of course mention why you've been playing, but links to YouTube, Twitch and in particular Discord tend to make a post look like recruitment/advertising. There's perhaps some grey areas there of course.
But I'm not sure how I can address the external links rule? I did initially try to upload the F1 Manager saves directly to the post, as that would have been my preferred option. But they're .sav files which are blocked by the uploader.
ZIP/RAR archives should work fine, but only if you upload as a mod (i.e. using the Downloads (aka Mods) area).
Is it possible to secure permission to external link, in that one instance (the T&Cs suggest it might be possible)? The only alternative would be to refer to them being available elsewhere, but that would mean sticking them on my discord (or similar) which - understandably - would fall foul of advertising again.
Uploading as a mod would definitely be the preferred solution, I reckon. Hopefully that will be simple but please let me know if you hit snags.

No probs - thanks for your help here!

I'd avoided the mods section as I thought I'd be a bit of a fraud claiming it was one! But that makes sense as a good way to deal with it! The linked file was a zip, so that's perfect.

I'll mention why I've played that much, but avoid links and also won't post my usernames on twitch/YouTube either to keep it nice and clear I'm not fishing for follows.

Thanks again, and happy holidays!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea