Updated AIW Parameter definitions for discussion.

Location of parameters - AIW file for the Track

Section of file - [Waypoint]

Slowwhenpushed=1.00

Refers to a parameter that controls the behavior of AI-controlled cars when they are bumped or pushed by other cars on the track.

When a car is bumped or pushed by another car, its speed, and direction can be affected, causing it to lose control or spin out. The Slowwhenpushed parameter allows the AI system to compensate for these effects by slowing down the affected car temporarily to help it regain control and avoid a crash.

The value for Slowwhenpushed is specified as a percentage of the car's maximum speed. A higher value for Slowwhenpushed means that the AI system will slow down the car more aggressively when it is pushed or bumped, while a lower value means that the car will be less affected by these collisions and may be more prone to crashes.

0.10 - 0.3 recommended

AISpec=(0.000, 0.000, 0.8500, 0.0700)

Refers to a set of parameters that define the behavior and performance of the game's artificial intelligence (AI) opponents.
The parameters are as follows.

• Grip level: This parameter defines the level of grip or traction available to the AI opponents. Higher grip levels will result in faster speeds and more aggressive driving behavior from the AI opponents.
  • Path width: This parameter defines the width of the racing line or path that the AI opponents will follow. Narrower paths will result in more cautious driving behavior from the AI opponents, while wider paths will encourage more aggressive overtaking maneuvers.
  • Speed: This parameter defines the target speed that the AI opponents will aim to achieve. Higher speeds will result in faster lap times and more aggressive driving behavior from the AI opponents.
  • Braking behavior: This parameter defines the aggressiveness of the AI opponents braking when braking into corners.

AIDraftStickiness=(1.00)

The AIDraftStickiness parameter determines how likely the AI opponents are to stay in the draft and maintain close proximity to the car in front of them. A higher value for this parameter will make the AI opponents more likely to stay in the draft, while a lower value will make them more likely to break away from the draft and try to overtake the car in front.

AIBrakingStiffness=(1.0000,1.0000,0.9000)

The first value is rear-wheel drive. The second is four-wheel drive The third value is front-wheel drive.

Refers to a parameter that controls the aggressiveness of the AI-controlled cars' braking behavior.

The braking stiffness of a car refers to how responsive its brakes are to changes in pressure from the driver. A higher braking stiffness means that the brakes will respond more quickly and aggressively to changes in pressure, while a lower value means that the brakes will be less responsive and require more pressure from the driver to slow the car down.

The AIBrakingStiffness parameter in the AIW file specifies the level of braking stiffness that the AI-controlled cars should use when braking on the track. The value is specified as a percentage of the car's maximum braking force, with higher values resulting in more aggressive braking behavior.

By adjusting the AIBrakingStiffness parameter, game designers can control the aggressiveness of the AI-controlled cars' braking behavior, and ensure that they provide a challenging opponent for human players. A higher value for AIBrakingStiffness will result in more aggressive braking behavior, which can make it more difficult for players to overtake the AI-controlled cars, while a lower value will make the cars easier to pass on the track.

CheatDelta=(0.0000,0.0000,0.0000)

Refers to a parameter that controls the amount of time penalty that the AI-controlled cars receive if they cut a corner or go off-track during a race.

The CheatDelta parameter specifies the amount of time penalty that the AI-controlled cars will receive if they cut a corner or go off-track. The value is specified as a number of seconds.

The three parameters used in a CheatDelta formula would be:

1. DeltaStart: This parameter specifies the start value of the time penalty for cheating or breaking the rules.
  2. DeltaFactor: This parameter specifies the factor by which the time penalty should be multiplied, based on the severity of the infraction.
  3. DeltaMax: This parameter specifies the maximum amount of time penalty that can be imposed on the player or AI-controlled car, regardless of the severity of the infraction.

The value for Slowwhenpushed is specified as a percentage of the car's maximum speed.
Path width: This parameter defines the width of the racing line or path that the AI opponents will follow. Narrower paths will result in more cautious driving behavior from the AI opponents, while wider paths will encourage more aggressive overtaking maneuvers.
The first value is rear-wheel drive. The second is four-wheel drive The third value is front-wheel drive.
CheatDelta=(0.0000,0.0000,0.0000)

Refers to a parameter that controls the amount of time penalty that the AI-controlled cars receive if they cut a corner or go off-track during a race.

The CheatDelta parameter specifies the amount of time penalty that the AI-controlled cars will receive if they cut a corner or go off-track. The value is specified as a number of seconds.
These are all things I've never seen explained at all or never in such a clear and precise way. Outstanding information to have. :)

These are all things I've never seen explained at all or never in such a clear and precise way. Outstanding information to have. :)
It has been some time since we last made changes to the AI paths in the V8 Series. I have been intermittently working on understanding its workings since then. The current challenge is figuring out how to effectively convey these ideas to other people.

Hello Speednut
I have been heavily doing *.RCD on Imola2010. ANd have seen some great manuvers come and go. (like my "new" driver passing 7 "old" drivers in 1 lap (but crashing with most of them) and like 3 cars wide, fight position at narrow straight). (I have to foud a way to make video.)

Things I noticed is that every race is scripted, like to be "more realistic". So is not easy to know when your driver is actually going fast/slow or is just been affected by the script (wich can make your driver/car things like randomly spinout and then fastly recover your losted time, even when alone).
Now all my work is been done in GTR2 so the AIDraftStickiness= dont seem to work to me.
maybe it responds to something on the AIW that is missing? idk

Anyways you think you can help me with some improved imola AIW file so I don´t get so mindbugged with this task? As I have already been improving this track a lot and know the "AI driving" on it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.