Sol mod - should I install it on new PC

Hi all, on my current AC installation I have the Sol mod installed, but from the first day I had it I always had issues. It would either brighten everything to the point where it made everything look like a snowy landscape, or using other filters it would either be too garish, too washed out, or as it is in my current setting, too dark, even in bright sunshine settings.

I tried to uninstall it, but in Content Manager it would always highlight missing files, so it never really was properly removed. I have essentially lived with it since then.

In the next week or so I finally get the bits for the new, dedicated racing sim PC, so now have a chance for a complete, clean reinstall of my AC and other driving games. The question is, considering all the issues with Sol, should I retry, on the basis that (hopefully) with a clean install it would be easier to remove? The GPU will be a 4070 Super, so will I just be able to use the standard game and turn everything up (I will be using VR on a G2 headset as well as occasional monitor use) or is there still something that the Sol mod can improve on.

Lastly, if it does go wrong, how can I get rid of Sol completely without having to resort to essentially a PC enema?

Cheers

Les

SOL has been abandoned in favour of Pure (save programmer). Maybe you should consider that. It works great and looks great in VR (with the provided ppfilter), except for some tracks (such as the ones by Fat Alfie, which look a bit washed out).

I tried Pure and it messed everything up for me. If you make a fresh install you could: Install manually (always do that btw., for all stuff you add!) SOL 2.2.9. , get CSP 0.2.3. preview1 (for full rain) and add that. CM with PW you sure have as well. Then checkout this - and be amazed. You can always finetune it in the massive options of setting to your taste and performance of your PC - but I 100% recommend this.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.