RRE constantly crashing in VR

Des Pearce

Premium
My reverb headsets audio has failed so I'm using bluettoth headphones and I've added 16gb ram since i last ran RRE, now it crashes every few laps in VR, any ideas?

Not really, could be a multitude of things. Try the basics first. Use Steam to verify files, and if that doesn't work try a reinstall. If that still doesn't work, delete the SimBin folder in from Documents\My Games. If none of those work, try posting a thread in the S3 Support Forum.

... removed the new ram and everything returned to normal.
Are the chips all the same or have you mixed and matched? Also check the recommended settings for the chips you're using. It's not always automatically detected correctly by the motherboard so must be set manually, otherwise you get stability problems. (I had exactly that issue when I built this rig.)

Are the chips all the same or have you mixed and matched? Also check the recommended settings for the chips you're using. It's not always automatically detected correctly by the motherboard so must be set manually, otherwise you get stability problems. (I had exactly that issue when I built this rig.)

They're the same brand, same timings and speed but the new ones have rgb strips on top (they were on offer), so as near identical as I could get. I might refit and use manual setup rather than xmp....

I have also problem with RRE and vr. I had first rtx2080ti and valve index vr worked well. I bought amd rt6800xt and now with index game doesnt work. I deleted that simbin folder, reinstall game. In game menu it flickers and disappears and alt f4 is only option. Same with 32bit or 64bit. I once managed to get drive and driving mode it didnt flicker at all. But whe I went back to menu it did disappear again. Sounds are working all the time so game is running.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 82 59.4%