RDRC S8 Round 2 - Rally Sweden (13th - 19th February 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the only thing that must actively change is the classification. Right now there are many drivers on WRC+ group. Many of them have Group B cars and other WRC. It's a pitty and a bit unfair to not having seperate classification for this group. Also the F2 cars cannot be in the same group with theRWD cars. They are so different cars.
We must consider the signed up drivers on each class in order to do this seperation but I believe it's doable and fair.

My class proposal:
Gr.B: Gr.B
4WD+ : 2000, 2010
4WD- : Gr. A & R4
F2000: F2
2WD+ : Gr.B RWD & 1980s
2WD- : 1970s
Classic: 1960s

If this change happens all previous rallies's points and classification must be updated. So make this change soon :p

I personally liked the idea of "pro" and "amateurs". As long as the drivers registered on each class is a fair amount we can create two small championships consisting of the winners of each classes.

PRO championship:
Gr.B: Gr.B
4WD+ : 2000, 2010
F2000: F2
2WD+ : Gr.B RWD & 1980s

AMATEURS championhip:
4WD- : Gr. A & R4
2WD- : 1970s
Classic: 1960s

So in order to win the PRO/Amateur championship you have to go win or go well on your class classification.
If at the end of the championship we have drivers with the same amount of points we can do a small final rally for those drivers.
As for the future of this championship. I hope Dirt 4 will be ok to use it, but we must consider the possibility that Codemasters may release new cars, or countries as DLCs which must be able to be used on this championship.

Last edited:
If the next RDRC is played on DIRT 4, it would be great if the stage creator would be used for this!!

Unless the feature and/or physics are a trainwreck, this is what we aim to do.

I think that the only thing that must actively change is the classification. Right now there are many drivers on WRC+ group. Many of them have Group B cars and other WRC. It's a pitty and a bit unfair to not having seperate classification for this group. Also the F2 cars cannot be in the same group with theRWD cars. They are so different cars.
We must consider the signed up drivers on each class in order to do this seperation but I believe it's doable and fair.

*snip*

If we'd known the amount of drivers we'd get here, certain classes would've been split up for this season, but there was no way we could've seen that this would be the championship that would set a massive record, not only for RDRC but for RaceDepartment in general. However, as we've stated a few times earlier when the question came up as well, to split up classes, would mean that certain teams would be split as well, it would require every driver to control everything about their sign ups etc. While that could be done, it would give us much work, but it would also create 'work' for the participants, something we'd like to avoid. RDRC have always been about, and will always be about having fun, and then everything else comes behind that in priority.

Further to add to that, to split classes that are not so big (2WD+) would create a massive discrepancy when it comes to point-scoring positions, and majorly impact the team-championship. This is incidentally why we waited as long as we did to change the rules so the top 20 scored points instead of top 10, as we needed the 2WD+ class to fill up more.
Also, a quite big complaint on DiRT Rally is that the Gr.B cars are somewhat overpowered, especially the Peugeot 205, that with a proper setup, that is the fastest car by far in the game. That might be the case, but the best Gr.B car was 4th in Monaco, with a total of 5 group B cars scoring points. In Sweden, no Gr.B cars scored. Potentially a Gr.B car could run away with the title, but that won't happen, and I actually feel that coupling Gr.B and 2010's are something we did good with here, as RDRC and IRL rallying have one clear top-class with the fastest cars in, if Gr.B and 2010's are separated, there are no top class of cars.

All feedback will be taken on board for evaluation for future seasons. But as I've stated before, and probably will again later this season, we can make small amendments to the rules, but we will not change the fundementals during a season. When it comes to that, it is actually a case of knowing what you've signed up for. The rules are not perfect, and they will never be, there are always improvements to be made, but those improvements are for a new season.

For a reference:
Season 7 point tables - Pro & Amateur - Pro had to use WRC cars, Amateur couldn't. Note, Karl Raudsepp was allowed to join the Pro and WRC after winning RDRC-2 before the season ended.
Season 4 point tables - Grade 1,2,3,4. Plus RDRC, S-RDRC, P-RDRC and 2WD Cup. Quite complicated set of rules, note that the overall champion, also won the Grade 2, while the 2WD cup winner didn't score a single grade point, while 2nd placed in that cup got 5th in the Grade 4.
While there was more separate scoring etc. in Season 4, it was also way more complicated, and to be honest a bit messy, and if we were to bring back grading, it would just be to sort on driver skill in relation to what class you'd be allowed in to, not creating even more point tables.

I feel that the end of season evaluation thread will be quite big - which is great :)

Now, time to do the points and stuff from Sweden :)

Final Rally Sweden Results can be found here

Top 20 overall
JgO6P2I.jpg

Top 20 4WD-
AykgnC8.jpg

Top 20 2WD+
RasZxkI.jpg

Top 20 2WD-
HExHtxz.jpg

Then you can train on the surface where the stages take place...everything else is a surprise - even the Co with the pacenotes :O_o::ninja:
Yeah, this could go badly wrong if the rally creator wants to join in the authenticity and doesn't test the stage first - just picture a stage with 100% DNFs :D

I love statistics - and I do my very own for the RDRC Season 8.

For my own motivation I added a statistic for Group A Cars, because I drive a Delta Integrale.
At Monte Carlo 37 cars started in Group A, I finished 9th overall, best stage result was a 4th place on SS8, worst a 29th on SS5.
At Sweden also 37 cars started in Group A, here I finished 5th overall. Worst place was 13th on SS3 followed by a WIN on SS4 and SS17 and 4 more podiums with 3rd place on SS7, SS14, SS15 & SS16.

There is a lot of data which helps me to motivate myself for the following events, as there are:
- winning at least on stage in Group A at every rally
- Finishing TOP 3 in Group A in one rally
- Having fun at every single stage :)

Same with 4WD- and Overall - everywhere I can define my own goals to reach without loosing my fun!!!

Waht I want to say is, that everyone could do this for himself and so get his motivation to compete in this championship, even without being mentioned in a winners list...there are a lot of competitors, which race on your skill level, to race against - you just have to find them!!!
Have a nice weekend - doing statistics for your own ;)

My goals are to make it into the bottom of the RDRC Hall of fame by scoring at least one point this season:)

Now that's a statistic I haven't made yet - Would only be useful to compile overall points though, as the classes have changed quite often.
Hmmm, you've given me another thing to think about here :p

First question is, do I have all the point tables saved on my PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back