RD website down?

I got "could not connect" messages. Checked via isitdown.com, it said server was not responding. Later got an RD splash screen with a "server is undergoing maintenance" message.

Visions of RSC, Blackhole, NoGrip, and SRMZ flashed through my mind.

I've just remembered that the longish outage was on the afternoon/evening of the 28th (UTC time zone). Not sure I recall any outages on the 31st... :whistling: (but then again I'm clearly a goldfish because I had already lost track of when the other one happened!)

That's strange, I'm in UK and was okay throughout the evening. Maybe a localised issue.
But everything like other websites and the tv, which is btw also from the glass cable source, was ok.
I looked at the access and error logs between 17:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC (which should be equivalent to the CEST window), but didn't see anything that jumped out at me and the site was still pretty active. Was it a typical 'unreachable' error @Vintagedriver01 ?

FYI: It’s now 10:38h local time and at 10:30h the site was slowed down that it refuses tot connect.
Pretty weird, but I think it probably indicates either an issue with your own ISP, or something wrong between your ISP and ours.
Next time you get this issue, it might be instructive to try the site on your mobile phone but with WiFi off (so that it uses another network path), though there won't necessarily be much to learn if your mobile phone provider is the same as your broadband provider.

The 1G glass cable is the only source I have, while the rest of the sites like GTplanet is working OK.
There is only one site that I’m aware of, that do have the same slowdown and not connecting problem, is the SimHQ flysim website.

Last edited:
There is only one site that I’m aware of, that do have the same slowdown and not connecting problem, is the SimHQ flysim website.
OK, that's possibly a clue, but if you mean the simhq.com website, then I'm not seeing a common thread - that site appears to be hosted in the US, while we're hosted in NL.
[Edit: I reviewed our logs again, and there's no sign of any blips in our outgoing traffic at the times you have mentioned above, so you may just be the unlucky victim of a routing issue that is only affecting a small portion of our users.]

Last edited:
I was more give SimHQ as a sample, for this SimHQ.com site, the former racesim site and this site are the only sites who are giving connection problems. Besides these two, no other non reachable sites in my favorite folder.
But my message is more of an info, for me no big deal, because I know next day it’s always reachable.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.