RD Rally Championship Season 8 - Console Announcement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
atq80cw.jpg
Good news for all DiRT Rally console players out there! The RaceDepartment Rally Championship will include you as well! And the results from all three platforms will be combined in to one final result after each rally!

After receiving questions from some console players as to whether the RD Rally Championship would be a PC-only league, we started to think about the 'what if's'. Maybe we could make it work on all three platforms? Now, the biggest issue and hurdle was that we had no way of extracting the results from console-events the way we had with PC-events. All of our testing came up empty.

After talking to the creator of the resultParser we are using, Aaron DeMarre, and telling him which features that we required, however it looked like Codemasters had a slightly different system for consoles compared to PC. Aaron took a few days and came up with a solution that works perfectly for us here at RaceDepartment.

While each platform still drives on their own, the results from them will be combined to form the RDRC results. This means that you don't only compete against drivers on your own platform, but also on other platforms! And, as always in RDRC, there is no need for a premium membership to participate.

Together with this announcement, the RDRC-Staff will also use Rule #12, and tweak the rules slightly with the addition of PS4 and XBox One players in the league. The rule changes can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but would love to see Codemasters release some paid DLCs for Dirt Rally. Usually I'm against paid DLCs, but this game so desperately need more content.

I have just signed up as a PS4 racer. I have only raced with RD once before with GT Legends! As I no longer use PC I am glad to find an organised league for console.
I won't be to competitive but I will have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back