Race 07 - Still the King

I own Race 07, AC, PC2, ACC and drive in RaceRoom. From driving couintless hours in all these sims, I still enjoy Race 07 the most. The game is old but the racing experience is just magical. No other game does tin top racing as well in my opinion.
Everytime I boot it up I cant stop grinning like an idiot as I race, what are your thoughts?

I own Race 07, AC, PC2, ACC and drive in RaceRoom. From driving couintless hours in all these sims, I still enjoy Race 07 the most. The game is old but the racing experience is just magical. No other game does tin top racing as well in my opinion.
Everytime I boot it up I cant stop grinning like an idiot as I race, what are your thoughts?

Hi Jerome Vella! I believe that many people think and feel the simulation like you do, but there are few who take it publically like you do.

I started with Race07 around 2009-10 when the patches and additional packs had mostly come out. And although I have tried other sims since (out of curiosity), nothing has ever compared to Race07. I find the AI still have not been surpassed in any other sim and at 100% they are slightly better than me in the 1987 Group A racing I do and about as good as one of the better human online racer (I get fantastic races when I set them to somewhere between 98% - 99%).

The force feedback seems better than any other road racing sim as well and that aspect is to me very important. Obviously the graphics and the sound are very outdated and the sound especially is (for me) the biggest weak point but when I weigh up the stuff that matters the most to me, Race07 is still "it".

• Deleted member 13397

i think the major point is, not to forget why we do it,
i do it, because i cant afford real racing and the streets are crowded with 3t SUVs, which have 4 times the horse power of my 'sports coupe'

so
place : late afternoon near BudaPest
driving : my fav Fairlady
with : GridA mod by lusso
against : 98% AI

result : DNF (didnt want to finish last)
outcome a lot of fun, even watching the REPLAY

p.s.: forget to switch on AUDIO

Last edited by a moderator:
I started with Race07 around 2009-10 when the patches and additional packs had mostly come out. And although I have tried other sims since (out of curiosity), nothing has ever compared to Race07. I find the AI still have not been surpassed in any other sim and at 100% they are slightly better than me in the 1987 Group A racing I do and about as good as one of the better human online racer (I get fantastic races when I set them to somewhere between 98% - 99%).

The force feedback seems better than any other road racing sim as well and that aspect is to me very important. Obviously the graphics and the sound are very outdated and the sound especially is (for me) the biggest weak point but when I weigh up the stuff that matters the most to me, Race07 is still "it".
Great observation, JonP01. When you say "I don't think AI has been surpassed in any other sim yet", that's exactly what I think too. It's impressive that you play with the AI's from Race 07.

• Deleted member 13397

it is on my forum
race07.giize.com/BB

p.s.: sorry for hijacking the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
it is on my forum
race07.giize.com/BB

p.s.: sorry for hijacking the thread
I think you didn't "invade" the thread, as a forum is for the purpose of allowing others to participate in the conversation. I believe we just have to be careful when taking a stand on the issues being questioned. Everyone knows that Race 07 has shortcomings or failures, just like any simracing, whether old or modern. The only fairest thing among all games are the moments when you have fun and entertainment with them. That's what matters. Greetings and all the best to you.

I love Race 07! :D
Not long ago I discovered simracing. Before that I only played racing games. I bought GTR2 on Steam and wow! I was finally able to feel the racing sensation, the simulation! So I bought the SimBin Mega Bundle and Race 07 became my favorite! I love everything about it, especially the AI that is combative even when cornering. I recently got a good computer and now I can play with the graphics maxed out. I love the graphics of Race 07, I think they are very beautiful and nostalgic for me, they are similar to the graphics of games from the time I started playing on the computer.

This was the first race I did in Race 07 on the new computer:

Last edited:
I love Race 07! :D
Not long ago I discovered simracing. Before that I only played racing games. I bought GTR2 on Steam and wow! I was finally able to feel the racing sensation, the simulation! So I bought the SimBin Mega Bundle and Race 07 became my favorite! I love everything about it, especially the AI that is combative even when cornering. I recently got a good computer and now I can play with the graphics maxed out. I love the graphics of Race 07, I think they are very beautiful and nostalgic for me, they are similar to the graphics of games from the time I started playing on the computer.

This was the first race I did in Race 07 on the new computer:

Hi drws. I saw your video running in Pau Ricard...very good. I'm glad you love Race 07...and there's no debating love...it's enjoyed...watch this video I made of a race in Spa. Greetings and all the best to you.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.