Pause doesn’t work?

Hey guys!

I don’t know if this is intentional or a bug and google doesn’t seem to be of much help. While racing in VR I cannot reach my keyboard so I cannot press ‘esc’ button to return to pits etc. It doesn’t appear that you can reassign this function either. I tried to map the pause button to my wheel (I know in some games this button has similar function in multiplayer), but it doesn’t react at all in r3e. Any suggestions?
Is this normal in r3e or a bug introduced in latest patch? Or is there a different mapping option altogether? I didn’t have this problem before, but my setup changed and I can’t reach ‘esc’ anymore.

Odd. I can reach my keyboard so have never had this issue, but it seems strange if there is a mappable pause option which just gets ignored. As a workaround you could try an app like joy-to-key which I think would allow you to map ESC to a button on your controller instead.

As I have experienced it it does work - but in a pretty awquard way.
If you out of the track press the assigned Pause button the game pauses.
But if you press the Pause inside the garage nothing happens.

For me it doesn’t work either way. I will try to use joy-to-key later tonight and see if it’s a viable workaround.

I suspect it’s a rarely used feature so the developers may not even be aware of the problems with it.Or it could be the lack of time to go through something that insignificant to many users, it seems that every update to r3e breaks something for me (and other users) so they must be busy enough as it is lol.

Not that weird really... how can you pause MP when there are other people in the game? :O_o: Either you'd be "paused" in the middle of track getting in everyone's way, or you'd be pausing the game for everyone. Neither is viable. :p

Yea but it would be good to call up the menu with pause button. You know, instead of using the esc key.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 83 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.4%