New AI Fastlane for Monaco 1992

Tracks New AI Fastlane for Monaco 1992 v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content

Thockard

Premium
Thockard submitted a new resource:

New AI Fastlane for Monaco 1992 - Faster and safe AI fastlane for Monaco 1992 track from ASR and Shin956.

8th track of my work on the 1992 F1 circuits serie. Find the 7th track here (hungarian gp) .

These files have to be used with the 1992 Monaco circuit from ASR and Shin956.

They provide a competitive fastlane (2s faster than the original file), avoid pit exit collisions (fastlane runs along the left side of the track near the pit exit) and allow a safer race thanks to a lot of work on the boundaries.

By...

Read more about this resource...

Hey man, good work on this. I'd been working on this track for a couple weeks and while I got the cars moving safely, I struggled to get them to the full pace you've got.

I also tried combining your files with the ai_hints I've been working on. In testing the 1991 ASR cars, it appears to squeeze an extra .6s out in qualifying.

You're welcome to try it out and include it in any updates you do.

Attachments

• ai_hints.ini
    611 bytes · Views: 7
Hey man, good work on this. I'd been working on this track for a couple weeks and while I got the cars moving safely, I struggled to get them to the full pace you've got.

I also tried combining your files with the ai_hints I've been working on. In testing the 1991 ASR cars, it appears to squeeze an extra .6s out in qualifying.

You're welcome to try it out and include it in any updates you do.
Hello Wakamatospecial78.

Thanks for your feedback and proposal.

To be honest, I try as much as possible to avoid using values >1 in the hint file.

As AI already have a grip advantage, I think giving them another acceleration advantage is too much, especially because it makes the overtakes really hard, and quite unnatural.

But I understand that it can also help to improve a Fastlane for which there was a sliding or a slow acceleration at a turn exit.

And I know that my Fastlane for Monaco could be quicker in the sector 3, because when creating it, I made a slide at the 2nd swimming pool chicane exit and it also destabilized me at the Rascasse.

So I will check the effects of your hint file for an update, but not before trying to make a new faster one!

I drove Senna/McLaren in my ASR 1991 season and clocked 1:18 for Monaco pole with the vanilla track. AI was doing 1:18-1:20. AI level was only at 94-95.

In what AI level those times have been measured?

RzAokhS.jpg

PS: Thanks for your work. I haven't tested 1992 Hungaroring yet but that track definitely needed faster ai.

PS2: If you want to look what times I had on other tracks here's the compilation.

Last edited:
I drove Senna/McLaren in my ASR 1991 season and clocked 1:18 for Monaco pole with the vanilla track. AI was doing 1:18-1:20. AI level was only at 94-95.

In what AI level those times have been measured?

RzAokhS.jpg

PS: Thanks for your work. I haven't tested 1992 Hungaroring yet but that track definitely needed faster ai.

PS2: If you want to look what times I had on other tracks here's the compilation.
Hello Apocalypse2112.

I think what you have done is interesting. How did you collect the data for each race? Does AC provide this automatically?

Regarding your data for Monaco, I think there is a copy-paste error because the results for Race 4 Monaco refer to ASR_owc_1992_round_02, which is Mexico circuit.

To answer your question, I make each test and lap time comparison with AI strength and AI aggression equal to 100%. But you are right, I should specify it in the fastlanes descriptions.

Hope you will enjoy the Hungary 1992 fastlane when you test it, I was really pleased with it.

Thanks man. Keep up the good work.

The way I export the results is explained here. Cheers mate.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.