F1 2021 Need help with draw distance.

F1 2021 The Game (Codemasters)
I can't stand the car pop in anymore. I'm on PC at high settings and anytime a car is more than 10m away from mine, they pop out into low res versions of themselves and it's really bad and jarring. It's always been super noticeable (like the HONDA on the rear wing of the RBR/AT disappearing even though it's still perfectly visible), but it's gotten way worse now that I use lots of modded liveries for all teams in my career that's getting in the 6th season. The low poly cars get all over the place color wise and I just can't stand it anymore. I don't remember this ever being a thing in '19 and '20, both unmodedded and modded, or if it was it happened much further away.

I've been playing around in the settings on and off the game, manually editing the xml files to try and find what's responsible for this but no luck. Has anyone found a trick to increase the draw distances on cars? This is killing my enjoyment of the game.

Found the issue, or at least something that helps. Seems to be something to do with DX12. I forced DX11 (which you could use by default in '19 and '20) by adding "-force-dx11" to Steam launch, which I didn't know you could do until now, and now the pop in seems to have completely stopped. I'll test some more and update if it ever comes back. If anyone ever has that problem, try this.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 110 35.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 83 27.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 18 5.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 6 2.0%