Micro stuttering - Help required

RWB Asa

'ring addict!
Hi,

Problem: I'm getting micro stuttering intermittently and its driving me insane. This is the only game i experience issues with and I don't know how to resolve it, despite doing countless changes to graphics settings and burning google's search engine out with my searches.
The problem seems to be at its worse when there are multiple cars on the grid or i'm going round bends. I'm getting a constant 130-170 FPS using the steam counter, so don't think its dropping below my refresh rate of 100Hz. When I experience it around bends, it sometimes causes me to not react to over steer quick enough which results in a spin, or if we are entering the first corner and there are multiple cars, I might not brake quick enough due to a micro stutter.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and if so, how did you resolve it?

If you need more info, ask away.

Thank you.

Spec:
i7 7700 @ 4.9GHz
16GB DDR4 3000mhz
MSI 1080
Game is installed on a normal 2TB 7200rpm HDD - Would i see any benefit of putting it on my SSD?

Attachments

• 20200503_230543.jpg
    20200503_230543.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 20200503_230551.jpg
    20200503_230551.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20200503_230600.jpg
    20200503_230600.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200503_230606.jpg
    20200503_230606.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 104
Hey @herve45 - Thanks for the reply.
V-Sync is disabled in the Nvidia settings and is set to 'Performance' instead of Power Saving.

I don't think my monitor is G-SYNC compatible, or at least its not detecting it as.

hi, I am having the exact same issue since a couple of days, never had a problem before. having this in acc and ams2, while it seems quite all right in other sims.
i have a 1080ti with triple freesync - gsync compatible monitors, i tried everything so far wihtout success.
what nvidia driver are you running at the moment? i'm on the latest now - i think it is 445.87.

hey mate, I think I solved it. I just tried r3e and ac, but i suppose it works on other sims too.
basically, go to this section of nvidia control panel (Adjust desktop size and position) and make sure the resolution you see where i made the arrow matches the one you are actually using.
I don't think the other options actually matter, but for me changing that value made everything go back to normal. I think it's a new feature of nvidia cp, and I think that it needs to be fixed anytime you change resolution , for me the problem was that I changed all 3 dp cables for my triples, and when i re-enabled surround, in that field there was still the old resolution i was using before. tell me if it works for you too.

Attachments

• Annotazione 2020-05-06 190902.png
    Annotazione 2020-05-06 190902.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 229
BTW running in borderless window with vsync off basically guarantees microstutter, unless you also use something like the Scanline sync in RTSS (and even then you can sometimes still get some).

I'm on triples and 1080TI in SLI on 1440p g-sync monitors,
have been testing a lot to get acceptable performance.

Currently on 436.30, seems to be the oldest driver you can install on updated Windows 10.

I'm using no v-sync, g-sync on and full screen.
Limiting the fps thru nvidia Frame Rate Limiter setting.
This gives best GPU usage and stutter free smooth display.

I'm bit surprised about that, because in all other sims, not using
v-sync on SLI/triples had always create micro stutter/tearing.
(and still do in others)

But R3E have behaves strange, before driver version 445 the FPS was
not limited even with v-sync on, but I have downgraded back to 436.
(on 445 behavior was similar smooth, with v-sync on)

If you still have problem with stutter, monitor your CPU usage with
suitable tool so you know that parameter.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.