Looks like iRacing nailed realistic rain

Shovas

Premium
All the usual YouTubers are praising iRacing's rain but it's real pro Daniel Morad that I put the most stock in.

Morad has a way of talking about sim racing in only a way a real driver would. In his Real Car vs iRacing realism video, he doesn't talk about "feel", "information", or tuning options, instead he approaches it from a behaviour point of view: on-brake pressure and feathering in sync with throttle, corner entry, mid corner braking, and on-throttle tire compression and throttling out of corners. That made me sit up and listen.

So I have a lot of respect for his opinion and he's praising iRacing rain saying they've essentially nailed realistic rain.

Now, pros live in a different world, and we've seen before where they describe a sim as realistic, but it's more in the sense of "realistic for a sim". Time will tell which sense Morad is using here.

For now, I'm just glad that it looks like iRacing has raised the bar for the sim racing market and it looks like we're on the cusp of a new era of driving simulation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back