language discrimination

I make this forum to complain about discrimination on the part of the moderators of this magazine for deleting a review of a mod because it was literally in Spanish.

I've seen reviews in French, also German, among other languages, and I usually have to translate the page because I don't speak English, just as I'm using a translator for this... and it seems disrespectful to any Spanish-speaking person.

I can translate English but you can't Spanish? In short, in these years the page is working worse and worse and the downloads are unbearable and now they are starting to discriminate against other languages.

This is discrimination, racism and hatred against other languages.

Honestly, the only thing this page does is disappoint me more and more as time goes by.

Reactions: jgf
Rather than deletion I would deem it preferable to just copy the post to a translator and then post the English version beneath the original.

I have done this on occasion and no one seems to mind.

Our rules clearly state posts need to be in english. And as we can't moderate each and every letter on this big forum some will slip through.

So instead of drawing the discrimation card, please draw the "people should read the rules" card instead.

Rather than deletion I would deem it preferable to just copy the post to a translator and then post the English version beneath the original.
You mean the poster can do that right? It's 2024 and by no means our staff are free translation bots doing the work that the original poster can do in a few seconds as well :)

This is discrimination, racism and hatred against other languages.

Honestly, the only thing this page does is disappoint me more and more as time goes by.
Wasn't sure if I wanted to bite the bait but here it goes.

Hover over your username in the navigation bar, click log out and problem solved.

See ya!

Either way. But consider the effect of deletion without discussion on the person who posted, especially when English isn't their native tongue.
It would certainly be bad if we simply deleted stuff without any form of explanation. However, that isn't what happened here.
deleting a review of a mod because it was literally in Spanish
This confirms that there was in fact a reason given, along with an explanation of our rules about content being in English.

Occasionally a moderator will take the time to translate a post instead of deleting it for breaking the rules, but in general our team don't have enough time for that. Another thing to consider is that simply translating content on behalf of users could be seen as encouraging them to keep posting in their own language.

Such a welcoming attitude.
Everybody is welcome here, but if somebody is only here to complain and not post anything constructive, by all means log out and go elsewhere.

People who sign up to websites that are clearly written in English can expect that the language here is English. If not, read the rules. If that doesn't help, use a translator but don't turn things around and force our voluntary moderators to copy paste Spanish language into a translater and do the job of the poster.

Check the posting history, the avatar and the general attitude of the OP and you will come to the same conclusion. I mean a middlefinger avatar?

I understand, speak English or go to hell, that is exclusion and therefore discrimination for speaking another language. whether they like it or not.

But what to expect from people with that attitude.

I, many other sites or groups, strive to understand others beyond their language, and just as one can translate one's language, one can also translate another's language, easy, that does not mean that you have to delete or edit the comments of others.

Exclude, discriminate, hate, and justify it with a rule... how honorable.

thanks for everything. I do wish that they do not discriminate and exclude them because of their language or whatever. Good luck to you all.

And I have to admit that the middle finger... seems to be deserved from me.

understand, speak English or go to hell, that is exclusion and therefore discrimination for speaking another language. whether they like it or not.
You may take that view but from the other side by using a common language everyone can benefit from discussions.
Is a good free translator that allows all to join in.
Our ToS Board Rules are very clear and when you join you agree to abide by them.
Almost all our members from all over the world are happy to use English and I'm pretty sure it isn't their native language so they take the time to translate.
Also we do often edit and translate posts but it depends on circumstances.

21 hours later and you're still here? I think someone is mad or still looking for a fight...
Which is weird because I thought the SimRacing community was friendly and peaceful, but I think that's not the case anymore.
Or you are looking for a fight, just stumbeling into this thread?

It used to be friendly until people started to think they were allowed to complain and get offended that forum owners could set up rules and then chose not to read the terms before signing up.
Stop this nonesense, also a coincidence that you share IP with a banned user and actually also the topic starter.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.