Released Lake Superior Raceway 1.00 for rFactor

Everything is fixed and working great now! I added a few more bumps and dips to the track surface. I also went through every texture and down scaled, touched up and converted all but a few jpg's to dds. It now loads and runs WAY faster. I even tried running a race at night with a full grid of 54 and it still ran great! I should have a version 1.1 available for anyone that is interested.

Thanks for everyone's help:thumbsup:

Sorry I never got back to you Shawdad, I ran into a texture issue like you reported before, then got sidetracked, & then seen that you'd found a fix for it...
Well done! :)
Will download latest offering & check it out ;)
Thank you!

Hey everyone. smokey1226 over on the NoGrip forums volunteered to convert Lake Superior Raceway to Game Stock Car. He says he has everything working except the Short layout. He's getting these errors

"1 error saying: error loading texture SKY for material SKY. 2 errors saying: error loading global material SKY."

I barely know how to make a track let alone convert one so I'm pretty useless to him. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The most probable problem is, the track is looking in the commonmaps.mas for sky textures. The sky textures in GSC are named differently. So, if he takes a Sky.gmt from an original GSC track, it'll use the GSC Sky textures.

Cool thanks! We'll try that.

Also, I saw in a tutorial on converting from rFactor to GSC that the skies are named something like this for example: DSKY01. Would it be possible to just rename my sky textures which are SKY00, SKY01, SKY03, SKY04 to DSKY00, DSKY01 etc and create a new sky mas?

Thanks!

Yes, ofcourse. No need to, if your sky.gmt and textures are all accessable. As long as the game finds textures, that correspond to those named in the gmt it will run.

Just uploaded Version 1.2:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=A727C008621057A1&id=A727C008621057A1!147

Changes for version 1.2:
Increased the track width 2 meters from 10.5 to 12.5 meters, with the exception of the bridge which is still 10.5.

Reconfigured the pit entry and last right-hand
turn and is now much easier to enter the pits.

Added 2 new short sections of track for more layout options.

Rebuilt all the curbs and rumble strips.
In version 1.1, the curbs were separate objects sitting on top of the track surface. When night racing, it created an annoying flashing effect when illuminated with headlights that I found very distracting and annoying. With version 1.2, I've built all the curbs out of the track surface mesh. The downside is that the track surface mesh, because of the way Bob's Track Builder Works, contains many more polygons and so may adversely affect performance on slower computers. The curbs are also now a different shape.

Added a small amount of banking (usually around 2-5 degrees) to a few corners that I thought needed it.

Added normal maps to the track surfaces and grass surface. They're not very good...but its a start.

Added more bumps and "personality" to the track surface.

many more changes to textures and other things I can't remember.

There are now 8 layouts
I have eliminated the foggy versions for now.

An absolute classic!!! Difficult to learn. Some very tricky corners and therefore a drivers circuit!

Small note:
The gdb file, i changed the Latitude to 47 degrees.
Also i raised the clip planes a bit in the cam files.

I downloaded Lake Superior Raceway version 3.0 from another website recently.

This is a superb, superb, superb racetrack, one of the two best tracks that I currently have installed in my rfactor game. I could not find any info online regarding whether or not this is a 'fantasy' or 'real-life' race track...so I'm assuming it's a 'fantasy' track (correct me if I'm wrong).

This circuit is absolutely classic, a gem; with pretty much no faults.
The circuit, for the better, is very long (6.5 miles) has lots of classic "Formula 1"-esque chicanes, lots of elevation change, variation, some blind turns...very few or no particularly angular/geometric sharp 90 degree turns so that there's a superb flow to the racing experience. Racing lines are extremely easy to become accustomed to.

The graphical quality of pretty much everything on track and near or off track is great, including off track boulders, etc. The San Francisco-esque bridge and other features are also a very nice touch.

This is a very fun and addicting track to race and it's a huge bonus that the track can be raced in day/night modes -- it's also awesome that there is a "fog version" of this track. Rfactor doesn't have fog in its game -so this is the only track that I have that does have very realistic fog in it...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back