Login or Register an account to download this content
BlueKnightTracks submitted a new resource:

Kinnekulle Ring - Track Kinnekulle Ring for Assetto Corsa

Scratch made Kinnekulle Ring for Assetto Corsa

First Version 0.1

View attachment 560150

About

Length: 2072m

"The site was originally a military base producing fuel for the navy ships during the Second World War. Shale oil extraction created several mine shafts, while the slag heaps formed the undulating contours on which the circuit would later be built. In the 1950s the underground...

Read more about this resource...

BlueKnightTracks updated Kinnekulle Ring with a new update entry:

0.8!

View attachment 744768

Heres a new update :) i call it 0.8 because alot has changed..

The whole track is remade from scratch, only some buildings remain from the older version so it will feel very different

This version is made with the help of lidar data so it should hopefully feel much more accurate and i also tried to make it more pretty in the process.

Theres alot left to do still but i hope you find it enjoyable :thumbsup:

Enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...

0.8! version is great. New textures have very good quality.

Only couple of minors
Please check kerb alignmenet as its a problem in several places
1712519450115.png

Also white lines on the road
1712519471333.png

Many places where they need to be tad higher

Last think you need to add this to skids

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = skidmarks
MATERIALS = skidmarks
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = alpha, 0.65

0.8! version is great. New textures have very good quality.

Only couple of minors
Please check kerb alignmenet as its a problem in several places
View attachment 744800
Also white lines on the road
View attachment 744801
Many places where they need to be tad higher

Last think you need to add this to skids

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = skidmarks
MATERIALS = skidmarks
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = alpha, 0.65
Interesting! i dont get such issues with lines but i will look into it and raise them a bit, i kept skids alpha_test for now as they gave issues when colliding with lines, however i should maybe do it the other way around.. alpha_test on lines and alpha_blend on skids :thumbsup: many thanks for the input

Looks great from the screenshots, but I can't get it to work for me. I've followed the readme, copied the files in the right location, I can see the track listed in the game, select it, but when I try to start a Practice session with it, I get an error: Kinnekulle : TRACK NOT FOUND.

From what I could figure out by looking at other custom tracks (which all work for me), it seems to look for the filename of the track, which should match that of the track folder name? So, since the track folder name is called "kinnekulle", it tries to open a file named "kinnekulle.kn5" inside it, which does not exist. I tested renaming the "kinnekullelidarroar.kn5" to "kinekulle.kn5", and indeed the error went away - though it still didn't work all the way (it started loading the track, then abruptly returned to the previous screen at some point).

I also noticed that the "lampa.kn5" file which is referenced in the models.ini, is not in the archive. Is that on purpose, or a mistake?

I've ridden on the track a few times, and I'll be there next week as well, so I was excited to see how accurate this model is (and also maybe practice some on it). Happy to help with anything, if needed!

I had no issues with first installing the 0.8 version. It loaded up fine for me.
BTW I was re-working the TV cams and will send them in a bit

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea