I dare to dream!

How reliable are these kits? It might sound weird but I'm all about reliability if it's going to be on the road. I have seen it happen so many times, unreliable performance parts and people stuck when they really need to be somewhere for something important. :)

How reliable are these kits? It might sound weird but I'm all about reliability if it's going to be on the road. I have seen it happen so many times, unreliable performance parts and people stuck when they really need to be somewhere for something important. :)

Hennessy is a well known tuner company and has been tuning cars for many years. Their products are trusted by many many people. In the future I plan to buy one of Hennessy's tuner kits for my Cherokee.

I guess you have to be from the new continent to enjoy those sorts of things :p

This, on the other hand...

Beautiful Cuda! Are you refferring to the Dragracing or people modifing trucks? The guy's truck above is set up more for 1/4 mile. I'm going to tune mine more for the handling side, a bit more power and stiffen up suspension more. Truck already handles surprisingly well as is but i want it to be bit more better than it is now.

Hennessey even makes their own car, the Venom GT.

It's based on a Lotus Exige, widen and with a Corvette engine, either supercharged with 750hp, or twin-turbo with 1000hp and 1200hp... They recently came up with a roadster version, making it the fastest one in the world.

The car is nearly 10 seconds faster than a 4WD, automated instant shifting Veyron from 0-300kph... It has RWD and a stick shift, 6 speed ;)

Hennessey even makes their own car, the Venom GT.

It's based on a Lotus Exige, widen and with a Corvette engine, either supercharged with 750hp, or twin-turbo with 1000hp and 1200hp... They recently came up with a roadster version, making it the fastest one in the world.

The car is nearly 10 seconds faster than a 4WD, automated instant shifting Veyron from 0-300kph... It has RWD and a stick shift, 6 speed ;)

It's the only way i'd ever own one of them Lotus's:D I'll settle for the 750hp one.

So luck has it that there is a authorized Hennessey dealer here in B.C! it's on the Sunshine Coast at a GM dealership. I'm curious to contact them to find out how much the HPE600 Supercharger kit is minus the cold air intake and cat back exhaust because i already have it. At the same time i'm afraid to ask for i might slap the purchase on my credit cards which would be BAD!

Here is my email from Hennessey

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Good morning Hiro,

I want to thank you for contacting Hennessey Performance. With so many options for performance, we realize that you have a choice in shops and sincerely appreciate you considering our facility for your build. Hennessey Performance offers several parts and complete packages for the Jeep SRT-8. Attached is a flyer with complete pricing for the packages you inquired about. The only parts not covered by Chrysler are the ones we replace which carry warranty from us.

The price for the HPE550 package is $12950 installed here at our facility in Sealy Texas. We do arrange shipping to Canada all the time. That is not a problem.

I look forward to speaking with you more. Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business.

Best Regards,
Best Regards,

Blake

Blake Didier
Hennessey Performance
Sales and Dealer Relations
Phone: 713-650-5326
Mobile: 678-758-8321
Fax: 979-877-0701
E-Mail: blake@hennesseyperformance.com

www.hennesseyperformance.com

www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com

www.tunerschool.com

I put my credit card to work and ordered some goodies for my truck .

I ordered Kook headers, hi flow pipes and catalyitic converters, performance camshaft and a Diablo Predator engine tune kit.

I will get a 50hp gain with this and will bring me up to almost 500hp. 4 to 6 weeks for shipping and two/three days at a speed shop for installation. I'm excited, can't wait! :)

I wish there was a good track here in Vancouver where i can take my truck out on a trackday for they are track worthy. The one in video is a 2012 SRT8 which does have better suspension but the silver one it catches up to is the same as what i have and it still does alright.
I guess i'll just have to settle for Mission Racetrack, they have a dragstrip and a small circuit.

William, i hijacked the other thread so I'm going to stop and continue my conversation about the Corvette here. I pitched my gf the idea and she just laughed. As much as she likes Corvettes it is "too impractical " at least one of us is tthinking smart and it isn't me lol!. It needs to be a four seater so 05/06 CTS V or Mustang GT? I see them for @21k and gf likes them. Also i was thinking once i get the speed parts installed in my truck, i'm not going to want to swap vehicles. BTW we are going to trade in gf's 07 Corolla XRS that was passed on to her for next vehicle. She hates that car lol but still better than the 93Civic she was driving before.

William you are going to cringe but Gladys ended up with a 2013 Mustang V6. She got a plain white one and it had to be ordered in because the dealership didn't have one in their inventory. They say 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, paperwork is signed, Corolla is gone done deal.

Not bad specs for a V6 though

3.7L V6 305hp, 6spd manual (i'm teaching Gladys how to drive manual) acceleration times very close to the 2005 to 2010 GT's and good on fuel 7L/100kms. I will be good to have at least one vehicle with good fuel economy, my truck 21L/100kms and hey the car is good enough for Gladys. It's what she wants.

It just occurred to me that this Mustang has the same fuel mileage as the Corolla S Gladys traded in and it has way more hp :roflmao::thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back