AC FWD vs RWD@Brands Hatch, Wed 15th May 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was not able to finish the race. I see some letters on the top of the screen which I was not able to read as I was absolutely focus on the race. A moment later screen went totally red and I received a message I was been kicked off... Frustrating.
I have check the replay but I can not see anything. Could someone told me what happen or what I did wrong.
Seriously, it was different that other times, no server problem, no descalification or penalty... Just all the screen red.
Good race anyhow and congrats to the podium

Had fun mixed with weirdness tonight...

Lesson one: don't fiddle around with fov etc during raceday practice, it sets you off (at least, I was off)
Lesson two: don't tweak brake settings in the moza app while in qualy, it sets you off (at least, I was off)
Lesson three: don't over dress in a racing kinda seat, it sets you off (at least, etc)
Lesson four: don't enter the pit too fast and kiss the wall, it'll send you flying (at least, etc..)
Lesson five: don't overshoot pitbox, first one to the right after landing from flying (ah well, you know by now...)

And had some weird warping going on, very subtle speed shifts going back and forth... might have been the moza app.

But... great to race here! Couldn't get in the zone, my head was in the new seat too much to focus. Tried to stay ahead of Kimi in the first laps, worked quite well. Tried to keep up with the Carsten vs. Rico battle and that made me being able to get a little closer. Until, I went just a tad too wide somewhere, slowing me down too much. Back to the chase, following Rico to the pit with the stupidities mentioned above :cool: .

Chasing again after l lost some 15 seconds or so. Later on Carsten pitted and rejoined just in front of me. Some great chasing laps ahead, nice!

Ernie 'King Bee' Beehive showed me the blue flag and I had to let go of Carsten just a little, whitnessing King Bee pitting ultra late, 37 seconds on the clock! Nice timing, Ernie! Only a few laps after his pitstop, he had the blue flag waving at me again, mega quick. In the meantime watching the live timing and seeing Jason rocketing his way to my trunk. Just a few seconds left when the checkered flag saved me.

Nice racing guys!

Congrats podiums and thanks Paul for hosting!

Next!

Last edited:
Hi Jose,
I have had a look at the server details and you were kicked off for not serving the drive through penalty for track cuts.

There were others who exceeded the warnings but did the drive through.

Driver
Given On LapGiven At TimeInfractionPenalty TypeExtra Info
1Allan1820:58:34 (BST)Cutting the trackDrive ThroughTo be served in 2 laps
2Jose Salso1820:59:18 (BST)Cutting the trackDrive ThroughTo be served in 2 laps
3Thomas Kimmich3421:25:10 (BST)Cutting the trackDrive ThroughTo be served in 2 laps
4Jose Salso2121:33:57 (BST)Finished the session with an unserved penaltyTime27s added

The server is set up with a drive through and you would have had a warning as you crossed the finish line as you had exceeded your average lap time.

I have recently changed my events to a time penalty added at the end of the race to allow people to continue if they don't see the warnings, but this is Han's race so up to him to decide the rules.

OK, then, let´s find out who the gods favour tonight. :p

(though I think my sacrifice will be hard to beat)
Well,

a distinguished British Gentleman I used to call a friend made it glaringly obvious, "The Bee Torturer" was the superior car.

And about the divine support, I found the mistake:

I made my sacrifice to the "Hoonigods", the Racing Gods are not pleased by some Drifting Laps :(

The fact that I registered spontaneously meant of course lack of practice which showed specifically in the opening laps.

Still a good race, this time I had to work all the time, defending or running from/to Bouke and Rico.

Jim even praised me for being consistent (though 2,5sec of the pace/SHUT UP, JIM)

Ah Ok, noted. I saw a message on top of screen, but I was not able to read it. I will pay more attention next time.

Thank you
No worries Jose, easy to miss the warnings when you are concentrating hard. There were several drivers with cuts, mostly at the exit of Graham Hill bend by the looks of it.

You only get a warning if that lap time exceeds your average, so if you know you have exceeded track limits just back off a bit, keeping an eye on your delta helps but I also use the Racer data app, it shows the sector times and they will go red if I have exceeded track limits.

Otherwise great racing all, with the short run to Paddock Hill bend I only lost one place (to Allan) but got it back when he went wide at Paddock Hill.
Thomas made me stop breathing for a second when he spun out in front of me at Sterlings but being in a rally car the off road excursion was no drama! Definitely a Suzuki track, a podium lock out! :D

Tomorrow its F3 at Imola if anyone is interested, still a few places left on the grid.

Otherwise see you at Monaco next Wednesday!

I also think the time penalty is the better option.
Just change it, it's Han's fault that he isn't there to keep an eye on things ;)
In real racing, I prefer to see the drive through as you then know who is racing who on track,
But as I have found in the F3 and Radicals sprint races, if you get kicked from race one it won't let you back in for race two. So time penalties are better in that respect, just ask Andre, at the last F3 race he had more penalties than Kevin Magnussen could ever dream of and still finished on the podium! ;)

I'm guessing cuts at Monaco 66 will be painful (Armco barrier) or wet ( harbour). :roflmao:

Good race and class win despite some offs due to the idea to keep up with the Swifts which was actually no good idea. The Swift was so much faster here, no chance for the MX5. Had the lead and had to push 100 percent as Ernie was faster behind me. Actually I thought I will let him pass with not much fighting but after a few laps in the lead and good rhythm there wasn't much opportunity for an overtake as on the straights Mazda was faster. Must have been pretty frustrating for Ernie. He tried it on Druids but we collided. I waited as I didn't know 100 percent how that happened....
After few more laps I was a little bit slow on the straight and let him through on paddock hill on the inside as it was useless to fight longer as I probably would have gone off with that much risk I had to go to stay in front. Made some mistakes and had some offs later which cost me lot of time. Couple laps to the end I got a drive through, glad I saw the message. Unfortunately I didnt see the warning messages before, otherwise I would have lifted after cutting.
So congrats to Ernie and podium, great drive. Had the class win so I am content with the result, but it was little bit frustrating to have such a big disadvantage against the Swift. But I guess that's why it is called multiclass so thats totally fine.

Thx for organizing and cu next time.

That was more fun than I thought it was going to be before the race. I've was feeling pretty tired and my lap times during practice mirrored that. For every good lap I did a couple of slow ones. I guess during the race adrenaline kicked in as I was feeling more awake.

Kept off Jason for a good lap or two in the beginning of the race. One small slip up in the last corner gave him the opportunity to overtake. And of course he did so swiftly (ba dum tss). The Suzukis are fast here but they have a hard time overtaking if you block them in the corners.

Had a good fight with Carsten who gave me a hard time defending his position. The only time he made a mistake, I made a mistake in the same corner, throwing away my rare chance of taking the position. Not being able to overtake I decided to pit after a couple of laps chasing him, hoping I would undercut. I think he must've been involved in an incident because a few laps after my pitstop I was back on his tail again. When we got close again, he decided to pit and after that my race was pretty much over with noone in sight.

It was good to see you back on track, Carsten. I think that was our first real fight and it taught me a lot. Overtaking is a hard skill to practice with one race per week, so it was nice to have a little spar with you that lasted a while. Hope to see you more often in the future!

Congrats to Ernie, Jason and Paul for the podiums and thank you Han, err, Paul for organizing the race! Hope to see you again next time :)

Thanks for hosting, Paul. It looks like most of you had a great time! As for cut penalties, Crew Chief warns you if you exceed a track limit so you can know even before the message at start/finish.

So Brands is a real Suzuki track. Hmm, I will try that and see if that softens my opinion on it.

Thanks for the race guys. Did not fight much going into turn 1. Was happy to give up a few places and not ruin someones night :) . Ended up behind Gavin and had a nice fight with him for a few laps. Got past him and started catching @JOSEJ . He was trying to catch Kimi and that allowed me to catch up without taking risks as they would slow each other down a bit it seemed. Got to within a second or so of Jose and was some good racing for 10 or so laps. Was thinking of doing the undercut to try and get past him, but I was enjoying the racing and thought I may as well just keep going. Jose eventually went wide at turn 1 and I passed him. A few laps later and I pitted. When I came out of the pits I was quite a few seconds behind Kimi. I eventually caught him with about 15 minutes to go and was within 1 - 2 seconds of him for a few laps. Got greedy and tried to go too quick around a turn and rode off the track, leaving me 6 seconds behind with about 8 minutes left. Tried to catch him but made a mistake again, so I just cruised to the finish line. A good, enjoyable fun with very respectful racing from everyone I encountered.

Thanks Han and Paul for organising and hosting.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for another great Wednesday nights racing, really enjoyed myself again even though the story ended as usual. Had a good start from the rear of the grid and managed the inside line through paddock that put me right behind Richard for the first lap. Managed to squeeze past him over the start finish line and into the first corner (thanks Richard for not slamming the door). The next couple of laps were a good battle however the inevitable pass came and I just couldnt quite hang on to the back of Richard as he pursued Jose. I seemed to continually lose time in the Graham Hill, Cooper, Surtees section and ended up on the grass a couple of times.
Having resigned myself to not catching I settled in to try and maintain a consistent pace and hopefully not get lapped too early. About 3/4 distance and Ernie sped past having given him room into Paddock bend, this then became the routine, go wide at Paddock and let the front runners through then try and stay with them to improve my lap times, this seemed to work until in the dying few laps I tried to hang on coat tails of a mazda that passed me and tried just a little too hard going into Stirlings Bend where I spun out.

All in all another great night, thanks to everyone for some good fun clean racing and to Han and Paul for all the organisation.

Well done Ernie on a great win.

See you all again next week in Monaco.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

• Saturday