FFB over-smoothed & very undetailed

Hi all.

I've just returned to PC simracing from a 6 year break, and found that Racerooms FFB is really bad (for me) now, and would appreciate either some help or just an insight as to what's going on please.

Beforehand with my T300 I perfected the FFB with the many options Raceroom had, I felt everything you'd expect to feel and I always knew what the car & tyres were doing. Now on my G29 (yes a worse wheel) I struggle to feel much of anything really. After a night of constant tweaking I thought my result was just about acceptable but then...

Tonight after trying rFactor 2 (first time for ages too) where I had to increase FFB smoothing up to 12 to reduce the sharpness of the FFB effects, I then had a moment with Raceroom and it was like the track was 100% smooth and the experience was the complete opposite from rF2, so undetailed and vague.

Surely Raceroom hasn't gotten that bad over this time?!?! It was among the best around years ago and now it's easily the worst.

To clarify, was using Porsche GT3 around Interlagos. G29 / GHub software is 2020 version (used deliberately as newer drivers broke some functionality). Racerooms settings were as their own FFB screen advised for the wheel (only adjustment away from "default" was FFB multi which had to be increase up to nearly 3x. FFB meter constantly visible so I knew what the signal was doing (no excessive clipping, proportional & relative response to everything etc).

I was considering buying a load of extra content in the upcoming Summer Sale, but right now that's all on hold until / unless I can somehow improve FFB. Maybe it's just a G29 thing and TM / Fanatec equipment works well still?

Last edited:
Many thanks to the abundance of people that replied - it's taken me ages to read through everything but I got there in the end...

For anyone with a G29 and the same problem of dull, over-smooth and pretty uninformative FFB at the best of times, I'd update your Logitech Hub software. I was deliberately using a 2020 version of that software as I was led to believe newer versions borked some functionality, but tonight I removed that completely and installed the very latest version for 2023, and it's made a massive difference / improvement in Raceroom. I can feel a heck of a lot more now and I'm actually really happy with it - lots of build-up feeling when braking / turning, tyre slip is detectable (although not as pronounced as Assetto Corsa) and I can feel tyres regripping coming out of corners quite nicely. Interlagos was actually slightly bumpy in places whereas it was baby-ass smooth before too, and riding kerbs makes the G29 rattle again (always a sign that FFB is dialled in well)!

In game settings used were max FFB strength & maximum force, 3% minimum force, 50% stationary friction, 0% engine and gearshift enhancements, 100% bump amplification, and per-vehicle FFB setting was 2.5x (BMW Z4 GT3). Logitech GHUB wanted to apply 20% centering spring but I turned that off (0%) as although it added a bit more overall strength it slightly masked subtle effects like road texture and slow speed tyre sensations.

So overall I'm very pleased and I can wholeheartedly recommend RRE to anyone who might be on the fence about it!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea