Extreme Rally Raid

Hi! glad to find that our game came here haha. I'm doing it by myself in free time with a partner who helps with some designs. But we love heard feedback thinking in future releases if is something that we could handle of course. We want to have the final version for 2023.

Dakar 21 has gone a bit quiet from most of this year, though I think it's still being worked on. So your game is technically the only new rally raid game around the moment

It's funny because I started this project 5 years ago when there wasn't rally raid games. Then, I wasn't enough time to progress and the official game was announced and released.

Hi! After a slowly development, progressing in our free time, we have almost ready an early access version. So we feature the whole family in a showroom. There are 7 cars models and 35 skins. We'll share a gameplay video in a couple of weeks.

Hi! a little update of the status of the development!

96 copia.jpg

RACE SCENARIOS

We are finishing Jujuy right now (previous pic). There is missing work on environment and some other details in three scenes to have ready the scenes of the whole game.

MATERIALS AND TEXTURES OF THE STAGES

We worked to improve the ground textures of many race scenarios. We introduced new textures and PBR materials and satellite images in some ones. We modified the sky system and postscript effects. Also we'll keep working by adding new objects or improving the current ones to complete the visual change. In some scenes we will also work on the road textures.

89 copia.jpg90 copia.jpg91 copia.jpg93 copia.jpg97 copia.jpg

LAUNCH

We progressed in this point, we will bring more news as soon as possible, but we can confirm a release in 2024.

Hi! Celebrating the beginning of the development of the latest Extreme Rally Raid scenario, we take the opportunity to share the process of creating the terrain, starting from real coordinates, real elevation, until achieving a smoothed terrain to be used as a physical mesh by the cars.

I recently found 3 unofficial Dakar games from 2010-2012 on Sourceforge. The third one even had a rudimentary go at a roadbook, back in 2012!

With stages that last over 1.5hrs through real terrain, it reminded me of your game.

Read description under video to find where to get them, if you'd like to see them at all.

Last edited:
Totally, I played all of them and had fun, so when I started with game development in 2016 I chose this kind of game due to the lack of rally raid games.

Now I'm reworking sand scenes and recovering mud decals. I will need updated images and videos to arrive to Steam.

101.jpg

100.jpg

Hi! some nice updates to bring here:

All race scenes were finished for the launching, despite we are doing some final adjustments in all of them. After that, we'll check textures, even 3D models of some cars.

All codriver voices were made again and the missing ones also were made too.

The menu and the scripts were ready. The last script was the Force Feedback, by adding surfaces contact effect, collision and steering wheel angle.

Despite still missing some things to do or check, the game would be ready to properly work, so could be launched. The deadline of 2024 it's quite a fact.

Maybe the screens quality uploaded here are not the best, but:

424540430_705237341737134_844412743335704339_n.jpg

424553670_705237338403801_9140762998978191574_n.jpg

Hi! I'm sharing a little gameplay of a small stage designed to test the car, in Villa Carlos Paz.

The game is almost ready, we are checking for bugs and updating the UI images. During next month we'll confirm the date of the release:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back