Cars too big?

Oops01

Premium
Hi all is there any to change the size of the cars, in VR some of the cars just look too big, is there a world setting or something so as I can make the car look more realistic it just looks comical, I have tried adjusting the FOV in the cockpit driver file but it seems to make no difference.

Changing FoV does nothing in VR, that's a setting for 2D mode. :)

Instead, take a look in your control assignments. In the VR section, you'll find some for increasing and decreasing world scale. They're unbound by default, but just map them to whatever you want, jump in a car, and press them to change the "size" of your world. :thumbsup:

I just tried this game for the first time this afternoon. It all looks quite promising except for this issue.

I found and bound the world scale buttons but it seems to have little effect other than to zoom you in and out a bit. I had to double check I wasn’t just adjusting my seat position. The animation of the drivers hands are huge and when driving the (freebie) Radical ....or similar, I can’t remember what it was....the front wings are enormous.

Coming from rF2, AC and AMS2 it looks incongruous to the rest of the in-game world. I tried both flat screen and VR and felt the same way in both.

Are there any other settings/file changes I could try?

The world scale setting absolutely does have an affect. It looks like you're "zooming in and out" but if you then adjust your head position back to where it should be, you'll find the car is indeed "bigger or smaller". Works fine for me.

What headset are you using? I'm on a Rift and a world scale of between 0.90 and 1.00 is usually fine, depending on the car. (There's one where I go down to 0.85, but I forget which it is.)

I‘m using an original Odyssey at the moment although I’m waiting for the new Reverb G2s to be sent out as I have one on order.

I started at world scale one and then just kept pressing the ‘reduce’ key until it stopped changing. I was being stupid though, I had a free hour and thought I’d give it a quick go but download times and setting up really didn’t give me long enough to work things out. I’ll come back to it next weekend when I have more spare time and can make a better and fairer assessment.

I‘m a fairly recent convert to race sims and possibly too eager to give them all a try - not just too many sweeties to choose from but too many sweet shops:D

• Deleted member 197115

Odyssey+ here, no issues. I remember making world scale adjustment but it wasn't much off to begin with, IIRC I just set to to 1.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 59.3%