AC BTCC Round 8 @ Brands Hatch Indy - Sunday 28th April 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Next Sunday we're at Brands Hatch Indy, for the penultimate round 8 of the '90s BTCC Season!

Join us!

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + 1 event earlier in the week . We also run a practice server all week for all events.

Brands-HatchIndy03.png

• Practice Server: RaceDepartment.com #9 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: RaceDepartment.com #9 - Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST) | 2 x 25 minute - Race
  • Qualification determines both R1 and R2 grid positions.

Cars (Ballast/Restrictor)

Event details:
  • Track: Brands Hatch Indy
  • Pit stop: Optional
  • Track Temps: 18C air/24C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Fuel Rate - 70%

Useful Links:

Race Control

Recommended Apps

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.

Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

Info on scoring/penalties here

I wonder if Ernie is happy with this track. I mean it has no silly chicanes. Nevertheless I can't get warm with this layout. I bet it will be the hardest 2 races of the season. No time to breath at this track.
"Driving around Monaco is like riding a bike round your living room" - Nelson Piquet.
You think that was short? Brands Indy, "Hold my beer":roflmao:

Last edited:
"Driving around Monaco is like riding a bike round your living room" - Nelson Piquet.
You think that was short? Brands Indy, "Hold my beer":roflmao:

I want to suffer how they suffered:D

You can blame he internet archive that was used to build this series. Most of the season, things like the points, tracks, etc was based on late 90's BTCC seasons.

Shout out to

They still post articles to this day.

As you can see here John they were at Indy twice in 1998. We got off lightly!!

Last edited:
Phew, that was tiring. In the first race I did what I could and was happy with the result. In the second race it became unfun for me. I wanted to let Ernie pass because I knew he was going to change with the soft tires. But that went terribly wrong. It was probably the wrong place for me to release the accelerator pedal. Suddenly I see every man (and his dog ;)) passing me. After that I made mistake after mistake in traffic. But whatever, it was still fun.

Learned: Be careful where you release the accelerator to let ONE car pass.

It was fun today! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea