BeamNG.drive

A simply outstanding 'Paid' Mod for BeamNG the 'Gavril Dynamo' by LJ74'.

My new favorite vehicle combos, core BeamNG vehicles, the 'Gavril D Series Custom truck and Towing Trailer' with the 'Gavril Dynamo Track' variant.:inlove:

0 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril DYNAMO with D Series CUSTOM & TRAILER copy.jpg
1 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril DYNAMO with D Series CUSTOM & TRAILER copy.jpg

...and a great video showcasing some of the Dynamo variants:thumbsup:

Last edited:
The 'Gavril Dynamo' mod pack variants by LJ74:inlove:...well worth the small amount of money spent (personal opinion).

Always amazes me how many variants the mod makers put in their packs:confused:

BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO variants MOD PACK by LJ74 copy.jpg

Showing off the stealhy 'Dynamo Slick' in the BeamNG Showroom:cool:

0 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril DYNAMO SLICK copy.jpg
1 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril DYNAMO SLICK copy.jpg

Criuzing around Utah with the top down enjoying the warm balmy weather in my Dynamo Convertible:inlove:

1 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Convertible at UTAH copy.jpg

Picking up my latest 'Barn Find', loading it up onto the works Truck and back to workshop for a full restore:inlove:

Side Note: This 'Barn Find' is an actual name in the Dynamo variants:)

1 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Barn Find at UTAH copy.jpg
2 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Barn Find at UTAH copy.jpg
3 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Barn Find at UTAH copy.jpg

The engine looked in great condition, new battery and a jump from my other restored Dynamo and the Barn Find started up amazingly, put some new rims and tires on and will take her our for a test drive to assess what else needs to be done;)

4 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Barn Find at UTAH copy.jpg
4a BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Barn Find at UTAH copy.jpg

....errr, dang it, definitely needs the Steering looked at:confused::roflmao::roflmao:

5 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Barn Find at UTAH copy.jpg

only in BeamNG:inlove:

Playing around in the White Showroom with the "Waterblock' reflection and showcasing the classy 'Gavril Jetstream' mod from LJ74:inlove:

0 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril JETSTREAM crop copy.jpg
2 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril JETSTREAM crop copy.jpg

Using BeamNG's awesome 'World Editor' to add the 'Waterblock' reflection effect and changing some aspects of lighting:geek:

3 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril JETSTREAM copy.jpg

Last edited:
The BeamNG 'Showroom' is just superb for showcasing the vehicles in the best light, especially when adding some extra creative lights within 'World Editor'...a magical combination:inlove:

Continuing with the epic 'Gavril Dynamo - Late Low Rider' variant:D

0 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Low Rider crop copy.jpg
1 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Low Rider crop copy.jpg
2 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Low Rider crop copy.jpg

Where all the extra magic happens...'World Editor':inlove:

3 BeamNG Gavril DYNAMO Low Rider copy.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I am still learning myself but I thought I would share my procedure to add extra coloured lighting to the showroom for that extra 5% magic in your screenshots.

This combination of Showroom and World Editor is an absolute game changer as it allows the screenshot creator freedom to create an image much like an IRL Photographer in a Studio by adding / moving around lights to build up a scene....plus it is unique to BeamNG, and as far as I know not availble in any other Sims / Games at time of this post.

I will be using the 'White' showroom here, showcasing a fantastic Mod the 'Gavril Jetstream Custom' variant from 'LJ74'.

I have found that setting up / composing your screenshot first before adding extra lights is key, as adding all the lights then changing the composition of your image changes the lighting.

1 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image 1.jpg

To get the background and general colour of the Showroom go into 'World Editor' scroll down the 'Scene Tree' > MissionGroup > level > Sun , then go to the 'Inspector' > Lighting > color, and dial in whatever color you want, in this case 'Purple' is chosen....experiment with a variety of colors and darkness.

Side Note: If anyone can tell me how to get the 'MissionGroup' controls out of the 'Scene Tree' into a separate panel that would be great....thanks

2 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image 2 SUN.jpg

To add the spot colors in the background, in 'World Editor' > Create Object > Point Light, and add it to the showroom. I have noticed these lights are very dim when they are placed, so I move them close to the Floor to get a speccular hightlight to see where they are.

The Pointlights also require the 'Brightness' to be bumped up very high, in this scene they where at '60.000' and have found that 'Copy / Paste' another 'Pointlight' on top of the original beefs up the brightness nicely (experiment with this yourself).

At this point you can experiment with the 'radius' in the 'Inspector' for each 'Point Light' eg. having the light that is on top of original with a smaller 'radius' and also change it's color / brightness....experimentation is key

3 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image 3 POINT LIGHT.jpg
4 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image 4 POINT LIGHT Double.jpg

You can also adjust the 'Bloom' highlights on the vehicle by navigating in the Scene Tree > MissionGroup > theLevelinfo > lights > a_lights

Experiment with clicking the 'Eye Icon' - on / off, while looking at your vehicle to see how the highlights are influenencing the paint color....I sometimes leave some of these lights off for effect.

You can also change the bloom / Hightlight COLOR on the vehicle by going to the 'Inspector' for that particular light.....again experimentation is key.

5 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image 5 vehicle hightlight COLOR.jpg

The 'Waterblock' has color controls also, which is great for changing the vehicle reflection color / density of reflection etc

6 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image WATERBLOCK hightlight COLOR.jpg

For getting different looks to your screenshot image, try lowering / raising or rotating the camera position as this seems to change the lighting positions and effects....this can have unexpected results, sometimes it is awesome and this creates a new image....experiment with this also.

7 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image LOW CAMERA position.jpg

Adjusting the 'Fog Density' slider in the 'Showroom Tools' can give another look to your screenshot.

8 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image FOG DENSITY lighter.jpg
9 BeamNG SHOWROOM Image FOG DENSITY darker.jpg

Below is the final Screenshot version using the above procedure....experimentation is key to awesome screenshots within BeamNG.

12 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril JETSTREAM CUSTOM crop copy.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 424 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 266 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.4%
Back