Advanced effects on tracks - sounds, animations, customizing

I would like to improve some GTR Evo (or Race 07) tracks, but still I'm not so educated.

1. Adding sounds. It is simple to add a soundbox object, but I don't know how to define which sound should play in this soundbox. There are a few announcers and crowd sounds, but only the first announcer is played when I add a soundbox.
I would like also to add custom sounds, such as helicopter, ambulance, train, singing birds.... etc.

2. Safety car. Where is it defined which car is standing on the track? In .aiw there is only the position defined.
How does the game choose safety cars for tracks?
I want also to add a custom safety car paint texture. I think it may be easy to add this texture to the track.
Solved:
copy last grid position and renumber it to 103
copy from [AUX] LocationIndex=0
GridIndex=103
Pos=(x,y,z)
Ori=(x,y,z) this is safety car position on grid, before race
copy last team, renumber it to 51
copy [AUX] LocationIndex=1
TeamIndex=51
PitPos=(x,y,z) this is where safety car stands, Pit and Gar may be the same
PitOri=(a,b,c)
GarPos=(x,y,z)
GarOri=(a,b,c)

3. Animations - jumbo TV screens. GTR2 plays .bik videos on these screens. In GTR Evo the screens are blank. I often modify the jumbos to display sequences of images, just slideshows. Is it possible to enable .bik video support on the tracks? The game supports .bik videos in game menu and UI, but not on tracks.
Solved: add to game menu (the best in Visual Options menu)
Gizmo="APP_SpinBox_GameOpt_PlayMovies"
{
Position=(516,455)
AttributeSet="CheckBox"
Caption1="PLAY MOVIES ON TRACKS"
Caption2="c"
}

4. Crew. Tracks converted from GTR2 are often missing the crew - flag marshall, pit service. The tracks .trk files link to the shared folders with teamaps and misc, but maybe the objects are missing in the game? Should I copy the crew models and animations from GTR2?

5. Music on/off . I can select in settings if the music is played while racing. But is it possible to turn off and on music while playing, or play the next song?
If the XD developer reads it: is it possible to display song title on the screen, just like other data are displayed in the XD app?

Last edited:
Thanks, @Finno Zidjian .
This is what I didn't do, because I didn't know what the first number means.

GarPos=(2,1114.437,0.011,-36.886)
GarOri=(2,0.000,2.928,0.001)

Thanks for explaining that the first number is the Team number and it must be increased.
Okay, Abrimaal, I'm glad I could help.

Now, and with regard to my doubt about the .bik files... do you know how to put on a track?
If you can pass me something, I appreciate it.

Thanks, @Finno Zidjian .
This is what I didn't do, because I didn't know what the first number means.

GarPos=(2,1114.437,0.011,-36.886)
GarOri=(2,0.000,2.928,0.001)

Thanks for explaining that the first number is the Team number and it must be increased.
Okay, Abrimaal, I'm glad I could help.

Now, and with regard to my doubt about the .bik files... do you know how to put on a track?

about the .bik files... do you know how to put on a track?
You need to add this option the game menu (in UiData)
Make a backup of the original wtcc_ui.mnu,
One bracket deleted by mistake may cause the game not start at all.

Find (the best in Notepad++) or other text editor
Page="WTCC_OPTIONS_VISUAL_ENVIRONMENT_SIMMAIN"

find the next
Gizmo="APP_BUTTON_BACK"
skip it, find the next
Gizmo="APP_BUTTON_BACK"

after this button, there are
//Audio settings

before the 2nd Gizmo="APP_BUTTON_BACK"

add this:

{
Position=(516,455)
AttributeSet="CheckBox_AccelerateTime"
Caption2="c"
}

This part of menu will look like this
(the standard CheckBox doesn't work here)
bik movies on tracks.png

and save the menu file.
At the next start in Options - Visual settings, you will find a button to enable / disable movies on tracks.

With CheckBox_AccelerateTime it will look like this,
checkbox_accelerate_time.png

I made a custom CheckBox_Movieplay, but it required adding two graphic files (green and red button) and definition of a new attribute set for this checkbox.

20201218_0718_play movies on tracks.png

Last edited:
You need to add this option the game menu (in UiData)
Make a backup of the original wtcc_ui.mnu,
One bracket deleted by mistake may cause the game not start at all.

Find (the best in Notepad++) or other text editor
Page="WTCC_OPTIONS_VISUAL_ENVIRONMENT_SIMMAIN"

find the next
Gizmo="APP_BUTTON_BACK"
skip it, find the next
Gizmo="APP_BUTTON_BACK"

after this button, there are
//Audio settings

before the 2nd Gizmo="APP_BUTTON_BACK"

add this:

{
Position=(516,455)
AttributeSet="CheckBox_AccelerateTime"
Caption2="c"
}

This part of menu will look like this
(the standard CheckBox doesn't work here)
View attachment 631155

and save the menu file.
At the next start in Options - Visual settings, you will find a button to enable / disable movies on tracks.

With CheckBox_AccelerateTime it will look like this,
View attachment 631160

I made a custom CheckBox_Movieplay, but it required adding two graphic files (green and red button) and definition of a new attribute set for this checkbox.

View attachment 631161
Hi, thanks for the attention and work, but as I said earlier, it's not a matter of setting up the game... my game is set up to accept that rotates movies.BIK on the circuits and, in fact, they rotate. They run on tracks I downloaded and who have already come with these movies installed in them: Magnificent Park International (França), Long Beach (EUA) e Jeddah, but if I take the object (jumbo TV screens) of one of these clues and I care about it for some other; for example, if I take this object (jumbo TV screens) and the import into the Oran Park circuit, doing all the standard procedures, that is, as with any obejto I'm used to doing, anyway, the game says it can't find this file. BIK on the track I imported it into, in the Oran Park case... And that's the question I have at hand: the same object, with the same movie, with the same settings in the SCN, runs in Magnificent Park, but doesn't run in Oran Park and any and any track you've ever tried... these files .BIK only run on these tracks that I have downloaded with them installed ... so someone knows how to do this... I'm in search of learning how to do this...
Just to illustrate, this is what appears in ScanTrace: vidman.cpp 1209: CUBE error loading scene file SEASON02\TRACKS\PBGPrix\PBGPrix.SCN: Could not locate bitmap file CR.BIK

Note: I'm using 3dSimEd V1, as i have it free, while the V2 and V3 I used were limited by the 20 days, which have expired... so I do not know if the V1, being older, is limited to meet the use of files .BIK or if V2 and V3, because they are also limited in their use completely would have prevented in any way the proper functioning of these imports... would that be? I know that some things are really limited in these programs because walls, for example, that are solid in rFactor, when converted to F1C are no longer solid... and that's another problem I've been facing and I also do not know how to solve ... and I keep thinking that the problems may be related in fact to the limited 3dSimEd ... Finally... for me, that remains a mystery.

Well, anyway, thanks for everything!
Hugs

Last edited:
Did you copy the .bik file to the track folder?
If you copy the objects only, the screens will not work without the video file.

You can also copy the videos to Locations\Shared. Then every track can access these files.

Take a look also at material names, when you add new objects to existing tracks. The names cannot repeat, such as road111, met001...

Last edited:
Did you copy the .bik file to the track folder?
If you copy the objects only, the screens will not work without the video file.

You can also copy the videos to Locations\Shared. Then every track can access these files.

Take a look also at material names, when you add new objects to existing tracks. The names cannot repeat, such as road111, mat001...
Yes, the . BIK accompany objects, such as textures, everything in their correct place, correct names, everything, but, really it's like the. BIK was not in the folder with everything else... it's like i said: for me it's a great mystery...
One day maybe I'll find out, or someone reveal to me... The strange thing is that where the file is working, as for example in Magnificent Park, I can copy the object, I can paste somewhere else in the circuit itself, I can change the film, I can rename the film and put two movies different, but I can only do this on the circuit that has already come with the file mounted on it ...i can't import the object into another circuit and I can't convert from rFactor to F1C even if the file works on rFactor...anyway, or is it some configuration in SCN, but I've already turned several SCN and found nothing, who knows some detail that has escaped my attention... I know that on second thought, I'm not even believing that it is something bad in 3dSimEd because as I said, I can copy an object and put it in the circuit, so I have to export this object and configure it in the SCN, and it works perfectly, so if it was 3dSimEd's problem this could not be done, because in export the object could stick with some bug and does not get ... Anyway, that's it... one day who knows.
Thank you for all!
And if in the course of life you know something that can help me, I appreciate it, okay!?

Do you mean conversion of tracks from rFactor to Race07 and Evo?
This is strange, we need a third game to do it - GTR2
Because Evo doesn't generate HAT, and rFactor HAT is not compatible.

First, rFactor SCN must be exported to GTR2 with all textures.
JPG, PNG textures converted to DDS (size matters - DDS files must be standard sizes - 4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048 pixels, other sizes are not displayed)
The sky must be replaced and the file skyboxi.gmt
This is just the beginning, exhausting work...

Do you mean conversion of tracks from rFactor to Race07 and Evo?
This is strange, we need a third game to do it - GTR2
Because Evo doesn't generate HAT, and rFactor HAT is not compatible.

First, rFactor SCN must be exported to GTR2 with all textures.
JPG, PNG textures converted to DDS (size matters - DDS files must be standard sizes - 4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048 pixels, other sizes are not displayed)
The sky must be replaced and the file skyboxi.gmt
This is just the beginning, exhausting work...
No, man, I don't convert to Race07, or EVO or any GTR; I convert from rFactor to F1 Challenge/F1 2002.
So I thank you for sending the links to your tracks, but they don't serve me unless I convert them, but then it's the same because they're clues that I have direct access to rFactor, right?!
Now, one thing I noticed is that when I opened the video material from your Oran Park track, the animation is marked the video, the way it should be, and from which I export it in the Mod F1CC (mts), this setting demarcates... see the images. And that's always. I always mark this option, Animation=video and this does not fix ... so maybe the versions I have of 3dSimEd are not activating this... I don't know, i don't know Because I use 3dSimEd (V1), an older version may have some bug... and the V2 and V3, as are only demo, they are not with this option activated without having the license ... Since I have no interest in winning money with this, after all this is a hobby for me, also do not want to spend buying the license ... and if that's the problem, no problem, I'm without videos, after all I have the slide option. It's all right, it's all right.

Attachments

• Your config in GMT.jpg
    Your config in GMT.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 40
  • In MTS.jpg
    In MTS.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 44
No problem, man; thanks for trying!
Greetings
It sounds as if you've copied a live screen object from an existing track model and paste it into your track model,
then saved all the object textures into the TRACKNAMEMAP.GTR file.

The Live screen object you've used must have a corresponding .BIK as a texture, set to MOVIE and you need to paste it into the track folder.

It will be in the original track folder named as TRACKNAME.BIK
You'll have in the track folder with the AIW ANI GTR GDB GTRMAP etc

It sounds as if you've copied a live screen object from an existing track model and paste it into your track model,
then saved all the object textures into the TRACKNAMEMAP.GTR file.

The Live screen object you've used must have a corresponding .BIK as a texture, set to MOVIE and you need to paste it into the track folder.

It will be in the original track folder named as TRACKNAME.BIK
You'll have in the track folder with the AIW ANI GTR GDB GTRMAP etc
Yes, your instructions are correct and I know them well; thanks for sending them! However, in the period when I raised this problem, along with abrimaal, I was trying to apply the movies on the tracks of F1C, a game that I worked on track conversions at the time, and, in fact, I never managed to do such an operation (apply movies on tracks) in this game, even following all the operations in the standard way, also guided by abrimaal... but soon after, at the end of January, I ended up migrating to RFactor and, following the same pattern for installing movies on tracks of that game, I can apply movies to any and all tracks I want; in fact, I can perform many operations on the Rfactor that in F1C had tried, but there were many limitations... I do not know if there was any incompatibility between 3dsimed and F1C, this I never quite understood, but in RF I am totally free to do many operations that fully satisfy me and for this reason I migrated to this game; besides being much lighter in its execution and having much more graphic quality than the old F1C, I can still work much more easily with movies, rotating objects, night lights and etc. Anyway, I'm quite satisfied!

Anyway, here is my thanks for your interest in helping me!

Hugs

No problem. I found your question while I was searching for information on how to edit / convert MP4 to BIK for loading onto the in track screens. I have Radvideo's BINK conversion tool but it doesn't seem to be as easy as edit a short MP4, convert it to BIK, and drop it into the track folder.

No problem. I found your question while I was searching for information on how to edit / convert MP4 to BIK for loading onto the in track screens. I have Radvideo's BINK conversion tool but it doesn't seem to be as easy as edit a short MP4, convert it to BIK, and drop it into the track folder.
Sure... And in this I really can't help you because I practically don't mess with any audio in the game, but it seems that Abrimaal has some knowledge, I don't know for sure, but suddenly it's a person you should look for, because it has a good experience with conversions and other things...

Hugs

MP4 to BIK?

1. Define the size in Rad Tools: 512x256, 256x256. I think 512x512 is the maximum size - the video files are very large, the game may be lagging when loading the video.
2. Disable audio (or set compression to maximum) - audio is not used in the game.
3. Optionally - pre edit the video before converting. Select only the best scenes.

MP4 to BIK?

1. Define the size in Rad Tools: 512x256, 256x256. I think 512x512 is the maximum size - the video files are very large, the game may be lagging when loading the video.
2. Disable audio (or set compression to maximum) - audio is not used in the game.
3. Optionally - pre edit the video before converting. Select only the best scenes.
The mistake i made was not squaring off the video. so thanks for pointing out to me it needs to be 512 x 512.

Problem solved ! :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea