3d sim ed questions ( new to this )

I got annoyed with never being able to find my personal vehicle as a mod for assetto corsa. I found a 4 door.. and it’s nice but it’s not my coupe. So I downloaded 3D sim ed, through trial and error I learned how to use it at a basic level. I tried to further my knowledge of the program but there are like literally no videos on YouTube or the internet. It’s like the program is prehistoric lol. So here are my questions.

1.) can I set my X,Y,Z axis adjustments to smaller increments??? Rather than the 10k gigantic movements, that have caused me I have to stop and type numbers in to get the exact result I want, which is more time consuming… I’d rather have the increments be similar to similar to the pitch increments. So I’d even take it at literally one increment. But I have yet to find a way to adjust it. I even went into explorer and looked for files that would allow me to adjust settings like that. I read their little info packet thing. Nothing. So I’d love to know if this impossible.

2.) Can I pick multiple objects instead of having to pick one, isolate it, save. Pick other isolate. Save then drop it into the other isolated objects page, and possibly have to synch up what ever it is manually cause it doesn’t always hone in.

( I would of asked why I was getting pink textures but as I started to learn it more I realized the program couldn’t find the file because I may have altered its path while trying to organize as my understanding of the program grows)

3. There are times where the program seems buggy. Like I sat there building an interior to swap into my car ( 4 door to 2 door) and i finally finished it, and I went to swap, and it dropped on to my main car page all disconnected and discombobulated. Like the cars frame is level…. the dash is upside down.

4.) selecting headlights to swap them onto a car that had an older model for head lights. So I actually had to sit there and import 30 parts and line them up my self to make head lamps for my car it took me hours, I mean HOURS. They came out pretty good though. But if I was able to highlight the entire headlight and just drop it … it would have took seconds..

so it’s done and now my issue is. The headlights do not work in assetto corsa. The little bulb from the old car works. But the entire LED strip/fixture. Does not. I went into the files for the car and added the light files/ext from the other car into the one I’m working on, but nothing.

4.) my wheels all the sudden do not role. I read on here that it could be a “ LUT “ issue… so I looked and it’s there … so that’s not the issue. Could changing the size of the rims cause the wheels to not role anymore ?

4.) can any one here direct me to a video where it shows how to use the touch screen on assetto ? Maybe customize it? I’d like to have YouTube access in car while in VR. Can I set up a path that allows me to control the touch screen from my wheel buttons ???? I’m sure there is away. I just haven’t learned it yet. Having my desk top some how mirrored on there Would he even better honestly. I just want my car to be exactly what I want, no sloppy garbage since I do plan on sharing my mod When it’s done. But it needs to be a 4-5 star mod. Perfect ( in my eyes at least ) idc how long it takes me. I’m ocd with this kind of stuff. I’ve pulled multiple all nighters working on this car. I also plan to eventually make a map. So if anyone can point me in the right direction for 3DSIMED.. it would be appreciated. I’d get 3ds max, but it’s overpriced. I have blender, but haven’t really got into it full on since I’m using 3dsimed.

So to sum it up . I. Want to Make my own instrument clusters work.

Make my head lights from a different car work,

And move the xyz axis in smaller increments.

There’s a reason you are not finding instructions for 3DSimEd. It’s not meant for the type of model work you want to do.

If you are willing to follow instructions and learn, then focus on Blender.
Yeah I started finally messing with blender last night, I tried exporting my assets I pulled from multiple ac cars from simed to blender after saving it as fbx; but it gives me an error
Message. Can’t find a video on how to export from 3dsimed to blender,

If you export an fbx in 3d simed for use in blender click the top box (FBX Binary), import it into blender and export it first before importing it into the sdk - if you go from 3dsimed straight to the sdk you wont see anything load up. As for Maya it's worth a try but tbh I've never used it - but had a quick check and it does it does import .fbx.

What parts are off ? The body should be centered a little above the 0 axis (ground) so start there.. the car should line up fine but something could be up with the pivots coming from 3d simed maybe.., as for that how does it look in 3dsimed?

i spent hours fixing it, so everything i added was off. i fixed all of it. 3ds maxd is 100 % a better program no question. im still learning how to use it as 3dsimed interface was seemingly easier to understand .. i dont like that the tools do not have a name over them when you hover over them inj stead it says " REDO " lol ... i have tried finding the setting for that for hours ... searched on the web but its all old post. in a perfect world lol the tools would not only have a name... but also a description of the tool. similar to adobe photoshop. but yes i fixed it. i wish i took a pic cause everything i added was off lol my side skirts went upwards towards the doors, my rear carbon lip flew out back 3 feet lol my alternate bumper was off 4 inches to the left, the intercooler was pushed back into the wheel wells lol, and the motor i added was deformed and a fraction of its orginal size

I think your parts may have had their pivots centered to themselves rather than the car (0,0,0), which is normal for movable parts that move on a different pivot to the car (the wheels etc) but not for parts that are fixed to it (like you side-skirts), before you export something from 3dsimED click on edit-centre model-set pivot point and set them all to 0 if they aren't already.
I think 3dsimED can be a bit confusing in that on selecting a wheel it will likely say the pivot is 0,0,0, which it really shouldn't be (it's 0,0,0 to the wheel object but not the world) it should really be something close to the position of the wheel.
(apologies if you already know this but..)
As for 3dsmax look at the dialogue screen when importing something, look for advanced options and click the little arrow to expand it - you need to look for the units Scale Factor, this should always be 1.0 if it's anything else
try changing the measurement in the box just under it (like centimetres to meters) until you get to 1.0 this should hopefully avoid any scaling aggro. You also need your units setup - customise-units setup (see if metric is ticked)-system unit setup, one unit should =1.0 Meters.

no need to apologize i did not know the pivot point stuff, the scale for import fbx yes I knew that, but i appreciate the help regardless, its better than the help I have yet to receive on auto desk forums lol for a question that should be simple to answer for regular users who are accustomed to the max U.I lol most of the videos are seemingly for older interface set ups so idk lol.. I'm definitely just new to 3d modeling LOL it seems this venture is going to be learning through trial and error. like all others have been

You can alter positions by hand, per 0001 cm. But it a bit of work compared to just draggin it.
Click with your right mouse on a position and save it's absolute XYZ (memorize XYZ) values in memory.
You could past those in a object position or paste in a text document.

Last edited:
thanks for all the help, I actually have just been using blender for my models, I was under the impression that blenders UI was more difficult to use/learn but that has not been my experience at all I find blender significantly easier to use when compared to 3ds max. I am finally making some sort of notable progress. i also finally figured out why my dash was coming in upside down on the axis lol

thanks for all the help, I actually have just been using blender for my models, I was under the impression that blenders UI was more difficult to use/learn but that has not been my experience at all I find blender significantly easier to use when compared to 3ds max. I am finally making some sort of notable progress. i also finally figured out why my dash was coming in upside down on the axis lol
Blender is great, every day learn something new. Youtube and google get you up and running in no time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.