X-Motor Racing

Come on guys this track is clearly converted from GTR 2 with no permission given by SimBin or 10tacle. The "author" didnt even care to remove the iconic 10tacle boardings.

Please don't post content like this that clearly violates our forum rules.

Since the spa post isn't open for further discussion, i decided to open a new one

here to ask a question that is pestering me atm. i'm not looking to start anything

here but....

i checked the rules & is this the part you refer to bram ?

" Intellectual Property and Copyright

Posts, attachments, uploads or links which contain original files are not allowed."

" Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information. "

if this is correct than why for example in the f1 2012 mod section of this forum are

the high res updates of the original texture files allowed here & added to downloads

?
livery/helmet/gloves etc.
even some camera files...quote from post on this forum..

" All my work has been done from the original cameras files of the game and not been based in other camera mods. "

these are clearly not scratch made & should i would have thought fitted into the same
rule bracket as the above spa track.just a thought.

if i am wrong here i apologise in advance & you can remove this post.....

It was my fault for not checking what id linked to ... I was so happy that this sim was getting tracks and cars and forgot/didnt realise....
All I can say is im very sorry, and i will look more careful in the future...:redface: i feel so bad for this

Grey area, but for what it's worth, those F1 2012 files are still used only in that same game. Modding your own game is fine.
This Spa track in question was taken from another game, without permission.

" Grey area, but for what it's worth, those F1 2012 files are still used only in that same game. Modding your own game is fine.
This Spa track in question was taken from another game, without permission."

I would agree a grey area indeed....updating original files & modding your own game i agree also but...when you upload & post it on this forum you are then as you rightly said
taking from another game without permission & also as with spa sharing it ...
this i imagine would be covered by the frowned upon reverse engineering term that is so often packed in among many lines of legal texts with released works.....

anyway...i'll stay within the rules of this forum as it's a bloody good one...
like rupe above remove or edit any of my posts etc.....

Hi Eugene!

I think I found a small bug in the last release of XMR physics editor. If you choose the 4x4 option in the driving wheel option you cannot ajust the Front/Rear torque bias.

Thanks for your help!

@Eugene Cojocar , I may a little late to the party but I have the demo now and it rocks !

You seem to have re-invented the wheel with this sim, it's the first time I ever felt as if I was driving the car on a track. The car handles just way it should do with just enough FFB, I see you are a physics guru :notworthy:and it really shows :thumbsup:. Why have all the other sims been getting so wrong for so long.

The only thing that's stopping me from the full game is I will be up grading my PC soon but once it's done X-motor racing is on my shopping list :)

Edit - I now know why this thread had gone off the boil :cautious:

Last edited:
Update :mad:
images out.jpg

Well that's one from the archive :p

My reason at the time was I that finding out that RD did not approve the use of it (online). I was only just dipping my toe into the area of mods at the time, as was only really using GTL then. But a year on with rFactor & GSC, I now know the sim racing community is pretty much an open source with mods all over the place for the taking :whistling:

Seek an yee shall find :rolleyes:

A few months ago I got the sim back on the PC, and have to say it's up with the best on physics nice looking as well.
I'll leave it there don't want start off a 20 page rant, if you want to feel free but you may end up shouting at yourself :D

Why should anyone hate on you for enjoying a sim? I understand the problem with illegal mods, but it's not like anyone is bashing on people here for liking AC which also has a plethora of illegal content available.
I'll be taking the sim for a spin just for fun.

Anyone who has put up an Assetto Corsa video on YouTube in the past 6 months will feel my pain on this one. These spamming sleazeballs need to stop...

A.K.A. - X Motor Racing... Is it Worth a Buy?

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Hell no...

I, as many others, have been absolutely FLOODED with X Motor Racing spam comments on my YouTube channel in the past months. I decided to finally set the record straight and check the demo out...

Maybe someone who is more familiar with SimBin's older titles can help me out, but I have a funny feeling that the conthent in XMR's demo is ripped from one of their games.

Check out the video at about 23:20 for a pretty interesting analysis of the demo's excellent replay cameras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700XCILfCk8#t=1393

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back