White line out of pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We in the Gubbklubben is a bit uncertain about the rule of running over the white line out from the pit.
Latest on Hockenhiem so we kept inside the line. but after we watched a bit on the replay, we saw that almost all running over the white line.
is this allowed?
i small video ho shows what we mean.

Fair. alot of the crossing of the line above are minor crossings and most people stuck to it, but there are those that are not really trying to follow the pit exit.

I understand Michael, but some track like Hockenheim there isn't a problem. Also you can easily spot a car comming.

Donni on the other hand has an exit that is far from great and if i recall correct no white lines :).

Yor math is a bit wrong:)
With a stationary camera, seeing pit exit from above, you need less than 1h30m to police it (time depends on how much you speed up the replay). But I don't see a need for doing it since any incidents get's reported anyway.

This is a basic rule in motorsports and should be respected by us "virtual drivers" but it seems like there's a few of them that take it serious . . .I dont know why we even have a limited speed on pitlane, this should be all done at 200kmh its such a waste of time having to turn on the pit limiter and mind the Light and line that limit that diference between the track and the pit, it should be all the same - Being ironic! This kind of thinking is why I love iRacing so much. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back