What to buy? Fanatec CSW or T500RS

I'm thinking to buy CSW base with the gt2 rim and the v2 pedals, I'm actualy between this and the T500 RS, but I have found reports for bad reliability on fanatec products but there are all 1 year ago. Is there any new feedback on this? Have they fixed the problems or they are still there?

It's quarter to 2 in the morning and I had to pry myself off my sim so I will wake up for work tomorrow. My csw and wheels turned up at midday and I have been on it since then.

I love this wheel. It is so smooth and it has great/strong ffb. It felt the same if not stronger than my tx and t500rs. At least with the formula wheel. The BMW wheel was a bit weaker.

PROS
1) Smooth
2) great force feedback. Really great.
3) fanaleds.
4) the ability to have the left analog stick as a mouse.
5) plug my css sq into the wheel and save a usb spot.
6) it ran cool the whole time. Both my thrustmaster wheels you could feel heat pouring out.
7) no fade after 115 laps with strong ffb.
8) swapping wheels so fast.
9) all the cords from back of base pull out.
10) settings on the fly.
11) smaller footprint.
12) an off button.

CONS

1) instructions.
2) reputation.
3) price, but I can justify it now I've had hands on.

If this wheel lasts then I will have no issues buying off them again. It is truley something else.

Upvote 0
Yeah I do that when I race on my GT3 wheel too (single monitor still), need bigger a bigger monitor though because when I get the instruments showing through the wheel it's almost half way up on the screen covering a lot of my view :p

I've been toying with the idea of a 21:9 monitor until I get the space for triples, but due to the extreme width of the monitor a 27" 21:9 will have less height than my current 24" 16:9 monitor does.

But enough OT, I wants me a CSW now!

Upvote 0
Yeah I do that when I race on my GT3 wheel too (single monitor still), need bigger a bigger monitor though because when I get the instruments showing through the wheel it's almost half way up on the screen covering a lot of my view :p

I've been toying with the idea of a 21:9 monitor until I get the space for triples, but due to the extreme width of the monitor a 27" 21:9 will have less height than my current 24" 16:9 monitor does.

But enough OT, I wants me a CSW now!

I was always under the impression you had one...

Upvote 0
Mine finally came back last week and its been great to have it back. The bmw rim is quite heavy though. I've been playing with the ffb to try and get the right feel for each wheel. The really awesome thing is you can have 5 separate settings saved on the wheel and change them on the fly.

I have my wheel set so I can see the instrument panel thorough the wheel and it is nice having it like that. Really adds to the immersion.

Upvote 0
Mine finally came back last week and its been great to have it back. The bmw rim is quite heavy though. I've been playing with the ffb to try and get the right feel for each wheel. The really awesome thing is you can have 5 separate settings saved on the wheel and change them on the fly.

I have my wheel set so I can see the instrument panel thorough the wheel and it is nice having it like that. Really adds to the immersion.
I am glad you have your CSW back, it's good to hear about your success with Fanatec support. What was the turn-around time on the repair?

Upvote 0
Can´t expect replacement for something you won though so yes I would give up on that. I had to give up getting a replacement for my broken TH8RS shifter they just handed me over to the reseller who refunded me. So they want go beyond the warranty I recon. Not many companies would do that.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years