What happened to Andy Priaulx?

Hmm his career isn't really moving in the right direction since his heydays in WTCC.

Would have loved to see him another year in DTM but I fear his weak performance of last season costed him.

Here you go Bram, this is an article from the TouringCarTimes news sight: TouringCarTimes | Why the DTM will miss Andy Priaulx

Basically, the DTM cars did not suit his driving style. I remember reading elsewhere that they actually handled quite like open wheeled cars (that is why racers like Paul Di Resta raced in DTM before proceeding to F1) and Andy really could not get a grip on open wheeled cars. This is seen in this excerpt from Wikipedia about him: "His career stalled somewhat when he returned to British Formula 3 in 2000–01. He had some success at this level, but despite finishing sixth in the championship in 2001 was unable to progress further up the single-seater ladder."

At first, I was quite excited about the United SportsCar Championship an Andy's involvement in it, but after Sebring I feel NASCAR has completely botched the series with their stupid rules and performance balancing attempts. In my honest opinion, I think Andy needs to get out of the series while his respectable reputation is still intact and go race in the WEC or Australian V8 Supercars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%