VOTATIONS AND SUPER POLE NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Qual is way more exciting then superpole as you see guys batteling. The only thing against it is that it doesn't have the element of surprise.

It would be great if we could have the qual broadcasted in the future if possible as its an important part of the race, then it should be def open qual.

Its not about the rules Eckart, but if would be sad losing points for someone pressing ESC out of habbit while he gained no advantage as he had the fuel in the first place to do the outlap. Certainly if that outlap is totaly pointless. Its not like he made a major fault, he just did something out of habbit. Bit harsh to be honest in my view.

Open Qual is way more exciting then superpole as you see guys batteling.

I disagree, superpole there's additional pressure on the racers to do one lap, if you don't then that's you screwed over. Look at Rami in the last race, he had the pace for Top 3/5, but he qualified 13th and had to fight his way through the field, which led to some great battling and good fights to show on the broadcast - and for me that is more exciting!

I love/hate super pole....I still can't figure out if that sort of sick/fizzy/jittery feeling I get before it is nice or not nice...lol. I think I would miss it if it were gone.

I do agree with Tom aswell, open Q will give us a battle for pole as people go out to beat each other. Difficult one this...both are good.

Maybe we could run both? alternate between superpole one race and normal Q the next, and maybe the team could fit in a extra bit of BC for the open Q events?

Year ago i gave also a other option what worked really well in that League.

What we did with F1 this year was truly awesome and best of both worlds

Normal Q in practice mode. Then move to Q and the top 5 did superpole.
5th went out as first and when he finished his outlap number 4th went out and so on.
So you could follow everybody in the broadcast and when one guy finished his timed lap and switch to the next car wich is starting his hotlap.

Something I did in the Nations GP was did two qualifying sessions, 10minutes open qually and then the Top 10 advance to the 10minute superpole session - similar to what Ivo said, except the top 10 all just go out anytime they want. As qualifying is 20minutes anyway, and the last 10minutes usually is just an empty track, it could make it more exciting. I could be a "qualifying commentator" if Eckhart wants some free time before the long stint of race commentator, that's if we could get that 10minutes of extra time in the broadcast!

I think thread's like this always produce good ideas, maybe there could be a Team Spokesmen meeting on TS before the start of next season to discuss some ideas that everyone can agree with, like this - then bring them into the new season?

I agree Ross, it is always good.

As a start inlap is not mandatory anymore, so this way is less work for admins and easier for all the teams.

Rule book and first post are already updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.1%