Volvo - The Game

• Thomas Ørbekk

If you are running on the competition server: After 10 minutes the session is over and it just disconnects you.
The "Loading a car" message means someone else has joined the server, but you will only see that driver if you return to garage or press escape.

Tnx m8!
I`ve downloaded and reinstalled the game again, seems too work finer now.:rotfl:

• Thomas Ørbekk

Times on the Chayka Race

My best soo far, after 15 min is:
And thats just 20. place soo far.

GL all, and HF and keep it clean!:dance2:

• Thomas Ørbekk

Is it cheating or bug from the game??? Because if its cheating, they could manage a lap time a little bit faster than the 1st place and win... Hope its a bug....

Bug / cheat / hack, same ****.
Your play the game like it it surpose too be played, not exploit it.

Rules are rules, you stay within em, or your black flaged!
:laugh2:

• leahcim

Bug / cheat / hack, same ****.

Not necessarily it isn't. If the game's broken, the game is broken. If an "impossible" time is posted automatically by that broken game, this is not the same as deliberately using a glitch to cheat.

Even if it isn't automatically posted, earlier in the thread we hear how the game skipped a corner somehow. Clearly the guy didn't realise the time was impossible until after the fact.

One feature all Simbin games lack is any feedback that might tell you how good your lap is. Perhaps you think you know, but is 45 seconds, 47 seconds or 55 seconds good with a particular car / track....the simple fact is, if you don't know, you've little reason not to believe the game.

It's one of those things that if they thought "we write games" and stop kidding themselves that they're realistic, they might add a feature or 2 worth having.

wtf is going to know how fast you /should/ be able to go? Less so if the game is so badly written that it can give a silly time that isn't possible.

Are folk really supposed to analyse their own replays / times, find a forum somewhere to discuss the possibility it might not be valid with others before posting it? Common sense says that's not really a solution.

Assuming cheating because of a broken game is a fallacy. As is comparing cheating with what is entirely the fault of the game author.

Simbin always makes a farce of racing simply because they can't write solid code. It isn't as if this game engine is actually new. They should have figured out race 07's glitches by now given the number of times they've repacked or added to, it, calling it something new. They should have found a way of solving track cutting without manual intervention by communities.

After which, the times could then be trusted and legit. (Worse, but perhaps not for this game, many folk myself included who have paid for race 07, and read advertising and blurb from simbin talking up the online leaderboards it has can't even race to get on those leaderboards since afaict there is no way to do so)

Again, you can't imagine such a farce in a game that sold to more than the 50 people whose names they put in the game. But I feel cheated. I can see the mini challenge times at, say, brands hatch indy on simbin's leaderboard, but I can't post my own. Yet I paid for the game that advertised these boards as a feature of it. imo Simbin have a duty to provide the things they advertise as features.

Early Race pro TTs were similarly ruined (and probably still are wrt track cutting) and yes once accusations of cheating are thrown, whether it's the game or not. The bottom line is, the game isn't trusted...and if you can glitch 45.x seconds you could have glitched any slower time too...the idea that someone's 47.x is legit simply because it seems possible is obviously not necessarily true. As someone said, a clever cheat would post a time that was just quick enough...but even someone who isn't cheating may have got a faster time with the same glitch / bug, without realising it.

As I say the bottom line is, you can no longer trust the game or any of the times. Which is a pity for a racing game :)

Folks having to manually check laps in some communities (but if you imagine a popular game, with potentially thousands and thousands, if not millions of users this would just be completely impractical)

Of course, you can give away, free of charge, any old crap code you like, I guess. But if they seriously want to be players in the racing game market, they need to up their game, literally and, with the pun intended. It's frankly stupid to have a racing game where either your leaderboards aren't usable or where they can't be trusted. It makes it a farce that they even consider their game to be somehow a great simulation)

The game, and the leaderboards need to be trusted, not the people entering the competition. For obvious reasons.

Thankfully a handful of cheap prizes that nigh on everyone entering either owns, or doesn't really need (4 tyres, just provide your own car. Sheesh. Should have called it 4 tyres the game) largely makes this mess academic.

Potentially messy if there'd been something worth winning up for grabs though.

• 4v6

Best time i can manage with a mouse and keyboard is 1.46.048....i just cant see where i can find any extra time.
To pull another 0.5 seconds and drop into the 1.45's seems just impossible to me.
Must be the on/off nature of the braking and acceleration the mouse creates....dunno but getting beyond that 1.46 "barrier" at the moment is looking hard. 84th as i type this so not very good i think! :(

• André Stelling

"race" results (times)

Found this game by accident ;) and I do understand very well that it's just a marketing product though I have some questions.

When online, after 10 minutes when all did set a time sometimes I see the time results but mostly not because of the Connection Lost message.
Any idea how to see the results Before the Connection is lost ?

About the Time Attack option, yesterday it did work, I could dl all best times and upload mine as well but today when I try I get some Idle message, any idea?

How to see laptimes from other players after they did set a time (before the deadline of 10 minutes) ?

Wich key to use to follow other drivers ? Proberly not possible?

tia,

André

The connection lost think is probably at the end of the session when the server sends the results to the database.
Upload and download times has always been like that: sometimes it works great and other times its idle all the way. Not only in Volvo the Game.

You can drive with other players if i am correct by putting your car outside of the pitbox and navigate thru the others by pressing "+" and "-" on your numpad.

• André Stelling

so whats a real time then?

Doing this 'game' for 3 days now best is a 1:49 so far. Was watching some guy today , he did easily a 1:43, seems he had much more speed then me .....

So whats a reallly good time WITHOUT cheating ?

André

• André Stelling

Tnx Bram, that works for me (+ -) Still no time results after the 10 mins. Some guy suggested me when its almost time, leave garage and press esc and wait. Didnt worked also. Well, I can watch the replays ;)

Bedankt Bram.

André

• 4v6

Best ive now managed with a mouse and keyboard is 1:45.658.

Ive managed to start getting 1:45's regularly but im going to have to get a controller i think because i can see where the times going- under cornering, especially at the start/finish straight (at both ends) im having to come in hot, and drop a gear from 5th to 4th, apply a touch of brake and power it mid corner to stop it drifting.
It means you have to have some faith itll turn in ( usually it does :D) but it normally unsettles the balance and you hear the revs drop slightly even tho youre under full throttle so the terminal speed across the line is slower, then it all starts again for the next corner...maddening!

Fastest speed ive seen from the Ai players on a quick race was in the 1:39's with Ai turned full up to 120% so if they can do it.....i cant! :D

I think i may just manage into the 1:44's. Very hard to get a consistent lap with a mouse tho....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%