TrackMania 2 (Stadium/Canyon/Valley)

I will be Updating this thread once there is more News on this game:

Release Date: TBA
Closed Beta: 19th July

System Requirements:
Written by one of the Devs
Hylis wrote:We are working harder than ever to make it work on smallest graphic processor as possible.
Sure it could be nicer on bigger, but it is quite nice and at a very good framerate on little configuration. It is even hard to believe (but obviously, we have too, since we did it ourselves
icon_mrgreen.gif
) our test map in TM² runs at 50-60 fps on a Acer Revo that I bought one year ago. It does not mean it will at release or multiplayer, but we think it is even faster than Nations.
Screenshots:

Media

tm2_2.jpg

trackmania_2_3xqls.jpg

trackmania_2_4cqma.jpg

trackmania_2_6sowz.jpg

trackmania_2_50th4.jpg

trackmania_2_50th4.jpg

trackmania_2_211onq.jpg

puzzle_b.png

puzzle_c.png

screen_full.png

Breaking news from the world of TrackMania. The development team released information that they are working harder than ever to make TrackMania 2 Canyon work on even the smallest graphic processor as possible which allows gamers from all over the world to fall in love again with this game that even the most diehard simracers have played in the past.

Two trailers have been released and we have added nine new screenshots as well for you to enjoy.

There hasn't been an official announcement yet on the release date but a closed beta is expected to start this July 2011.

click to enlarge
tm26.jpgtm21.jpgtm22.jpgtm27.jpgtm29.jpgtm23.jpgtm28.jpgtm24.jpgtm25.jpg

Click this link to visit the TrackMania 2 forums at RD

NEW April 30th

Ubisoft announced that TrackMania2 Canyon, the sequel to the hit racing game TrackMania, will be available as a closed beta beginning in July. The TrackMania2 Canyon closed beta also will mark the beginning of ManiaPlanet, a new networked gaming system for PCs that provides easy-to-use tools for community-based game creation and participation.

After Nadeo released TrackMania in 2003, the game and its extensions grew to become an online phenomenon, attracting more than nine million players who in turn created hundreds of thousands of customized racetracks, thousands of videos, and hundreds of 3D car models. Nadeo has improved upon that foundation with TrackMania2 Canyon, delivering tremendous advances in graphic quality, racing realism and network infrastructure while maintaining the intuitive gameplay, captivating racing modes and familiar community tools that make the TrackMania series unique.

“TrackMania always has been about delivering the purest, simplest and most enjoyable form of racing, and combining it with the creativity and talent of our online community,” said Stephanie Perotti, worldwide online director at Ubisoft. “With TrackMania2 Canyon, we’re giving players a more modern, realistic and visually stunning racing experience that they can build upon and personalize in ways that simply aren’t possible with other racing games.”

TrackMania² Canyon will be the first game released on ManiaPlanet, a system offering customers an unparalleled networked gaming experience. ManiaPlanet includes the creative instruments already familiar to the TrackMania community – such as the map editor, the players’ creations explorer and the ranking and match-making systems – and extends them into other popular gaming genres, including the first-person shooter and the role-playing game. As part of ManiaPlanet, these tools also will become more interactive and easier to access, resulting in greater game depth and diversity for players.

Check out the Full Story HERE

TrackMania Nations is free if you wish to check it out, they then brought out TrackMania United, which has alot of maps, during the day & night and different game modes.

This one should be a mix of both while the gameplay is still true to it's successful sisters :)

Will you buy Trackmania 2?

For me it's a yes! I have really got into the current Trackmania game, and can't wait for the new one. Hopefully there's a demo so I can see if it's anything like the current one, and if it is I will buy it!!

What about you all?

I can't see them grasping too hard at realism Ross. I don't think that's really their market place tbh. By doing so I think they'll only reduce their potential market, bot increase it.

Yes, i have every single copy of TrackMania & so does my dad (he's number 7 in the UK) in the top 2000 for the world (yes he's an addict) !

If the game has the fun factor & more interesting modes i'll be interested in this :)

I can't see them grasping too hard at realism Ross. I don't think that's really their market place tbh. By doing so I think they'll only reduce their potential market, bot increase it.
it isn't Nadeo's Intention to make this game realistic, they that their market is more on the fun side which is what made TrackMania so big with the extra bonus of the massive modding which is allowed within the game.

They may aim for a more realistic Look but as far as handling goes i highly doubt they will touch it much.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%