Test Drive Unlimited

Look what I bought today!
20100514140012.jpg20100514140412.jpg

No idea, I run the game on high settings with HDR and antialiasing on, and it runs fine. I only have 2GB RAM and a 9600GT so it's sure that's not the problem for you.
Did you install the patch btw?

Edit: what's your OS?
(Mine is XP Home.)

I installed the patch, and my OS is also XP Home. Still had problems... I'm seriously thinking about taking the game back. It's just very badly optimised.

I installed the patch, and my OS is also XP Home. Still had problems... I'm seriously thinking about taking the game back. It's just very badly optimised.

Missed your issues Rhys; can you make sure you have the latest videodriver and directx installed?
Often, games have problems with soundcards. Which sound cars do you use? Seperate or onboard? Have you updated those drivers too?

If they make the physics more arcade than the first 1 i won't buy!

They first TDU was good fun.I think a game can be be made with arcade game style(power-ups,...)and keep Sim. physics and sell with out people noticing.

The physics in TDU were from the v-racer game which are actually pretty good if you ask me. Really enjoy driving it without too much hazzle in putting into setups. If they continue like that in TDU2 i the first buyer :)

Can't really express my feelings!...

Beautiful! I hope they'll make a demo for it so I'll be able to see if it runs on my PC, my proc. is under what's listed on the requiements as it's only an old P4 DualCore, but it runs Shift well. (that game had the Core 2 Duo in the min. req. list as well!)

TDU 1 - Time attack competition

Hi there!

I would like to set up a time attack competition for RD members! But I need some info first:
- How many people are playing TDU (can be decided from poll results)
- Which mode would you like to play in (normal/hardcore)

Each event will last 3 days, and the winner posts the next challenge! Routes will be made in challenge editor and posted as a drive-in challenge ingame! To avoid confusion, the name of the challenge should be unique enough, also there might be something in the description like "for RD members".
We'll post a screenshot of our times of course, because other TDU players can also enter ingame so it is possible that the winner ingame won't be an RD member.

Example: (not a drive-in challenge, but fine for an example)
example.JPG

Poster defines the rules:
- Driving aids allowed (We can't control this as the drive-in challenge's controls over this one doesn't work, you have to set it outside the drive-in and then you go. I think we can trust our people that they won't cheat with it:))
- Manual/Auto clutch (Sequential gearboxed cars are fine, but in those that have an automatic or manual gearbox, driving with a manual clutch makes a huge advantage! Poster decides if he allows manual clutch or not, if he allows, those who don't have a clutch pedal can set it on a button. Again, this is a matter of honesty, hopefully noone of us will cheat!)
- Special car rules, like if you like to pick a several cars to compete: like you say, let's do a match between Corvettes and Vipers. That can't be set in-game, but we can set it as a rule here! (in-game rule "no restriction" then) Or you can set the tuning level as a rule also if you wish.
- Other rules can be set in-game.

I made the poll for those who have interest in this, there you can pick the mode you would like to drive in, and then I'll post the first event (if there are enough voters)

Also if you voted for the normal mode, but only because you're not champion ingame, you can change your vote by posting in this thread after you reached champion level of course!:)

Edit: there are some other ideas on my mind as well:
- Organized RD club meetings and cruises
- Race events, in password protected non-ranked multiplayer rooms.

Feel free to share your opinions!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years