Test Drive Unlimited 2

cybris said:
Quote from tdu site -

We've had this pop up while in the UpLauncher and the Dev Team is working to address it. In the mean time, if you get this error please do the following.

1. Go to the game directory.
2. Delete the file name "UpLauncher.localdb" (not the same as "UpLauncher.exe")
3. Run TestDrive2.exe and click "OK" when the error comes up.
4. Now run UpLauncher.exe.

This will download or repair the files and run under the currently installed patch version. Unless you have this latest patch version installed, online mode will not be possible.

For Steam Users:
5. You may get the Error 5 again. Simply try relaunching the game through Steam and it should work.

Anyway, LOL, seems that you need to buy all the new vehicles if you want to drive them. As in with real money. So quite a pointless 600MB download at 10kB/s

it took me about 10 mins to download....all working ok... only just had a drive in my lancia need to get some money to buy a bike and some cloths...:) going to try it with my wheel see how the car drives..

Yeah installed fine for me now, did it in about 10 mins also. Gave up the other day. Not tried wheel as last time i tried before the update it seemed pretty pointless, there was no resistance, only had vibration, it felt stupid tbh. Maybe it was settings? Would like to drive with a wheel though but just been using a pad.

I like the game alot btw, i think it's better than the first from what i remember from the 360 and i'm sure i read you can unlock the island from the first game somehow. Would be so much better if i can get my wheel working with it. It's a nice break from the more series stuff like rF2.

Sigh, mine won't go past 20kB/s, at 93%

I like the game alot btw, i think it's better than the first from what i remember from the 360 and i'm sure i read you can unlock the island from the first game somehow.
LOL, you haven't been playing much, huh :D

Yeah, fairly early on in the game, you can get to an airport, and fly to Hawaii. One-time fee for the ticket is 10.000, after that it's free. Not sure what the conditions were.

necro posting as I still play TDU2 (i'm called Diablothe2nd in game)

I've sunk over 300 hours and 30,000 miles into this game and i'm still not done with it :D yeah it's not realistic, but cruising the highways at 200mph in my Ariel Atom V8 is my way of winding down after a hard day of sim racing :p

anyone else still playing this game?

necro posting as I still play TDU2 (i'm called Diablothe2nd in game)

I've sunk over 300 hours and 30,000 miles into this game and i'm still not done with it :D yeah it's not realistic, but cruising the highways at 200mph in my Ariel Atom V8 is my way of winding down after a hard day of sim racing :p

anyone else still playing this game?
I have it installed. But just because I'm too scared to uninstall it, I might not be able to install it again :D

Haven't played in a couple of months. 72 hours total.
Cruising with head tracking is good fun, but my computer is struggling with it all :(. Waiting for better (hardware) days.

if you've not played for a few days, you'll have to suffer another slow update :(

i wiped my windows 7 hd on saturday and had to endure the full multi gigabyte update through till sunday night. had to leave my pc on overnight! only to then get another 200mb update yesterday! d'oh!

was worth it in the end though... all those miles of picturesque roads to cruise through... ahhhh pure bliss :D

i tried FaceTrackNoIR (head tracking without the headset) and found it useless/annoying. although the camhack to allow you to adjust the seat/head position when in cockpit mode is just plain awesome!

Pardon the bump. Do you guys ever play TDU1? (or have you ever?) I'd still seriously say that TDU1 with hardcore physics is more fun than TDU2.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%