Simraceway

Thanks for the updates Ryan.

I haven't logged into SRW in a while for no real good reason other than lack of time. SRW remains a very underrated sim.

A new car! First one in I think a few months as they had been focusing on updating all of the other cars in the sim (some good results, some pretty bad from my point of view, but that's a different story for a different day).

Free to test drive at the moment, cost is $2 or 2000 creditss.

LOGO_SRW_SprintCar_2012_FrontThreeQuarter.JPG

It also came with a new dirt oval track to play with it on, Ilkaville.

Ilkaville_Track_Hero_Image3.jpg

I've not yet had a chance to give it a go, I saw they had released it last night but I was busy with other things.

Ilkaville_Track_Hero_Image2.jpg

Simraceway seem to be busy with a lot of things at the moment but also seem to really fail to have any showing in the public eye, I'm fairly sure this release went by with nobody aside from their Facebook followers having so much as a clue. I suppose it is not helped by the hype over Assetto Corsa and its first patch release, along with the release of Xbox One and Forza 5.

With that said a load of things have been going on in the background, they now have multi car track day events where anybody can turn up and jump in a car at the event (a few different track choices)and do some laps with each other, with leaderboards tracked too (not that it really counts for anything, still handy to check over your laptimes and splits).

Last edited:
After having given the car a whirl with a few races I can say that it is awesome fun and a great edition to the game, I just hope they can attract enough people to allow for well populated races. Made a video of my first time in the car, don't expect the best driving!

The sprint car was pretty awesome last weekend on SRW. Lots of fun.

Unfortunately, when I went online, there were only a few trying it and in 3 races the 1-2 people I was racing kept dropping out of the race on lap 2, 3 or 4. I guess they were wrecking and discouraged.

Il give this a bump aimed at top end drivers
The weekend races have been replaced with 3-4 race chamionships for this year which are pretty cool.
Prizes are still high and competition for top places is very high, in my opinion comparable to some higher iracing championships. All prized events are closed setup so its good oppurunity for drivers to pay their iracing or whatever other drive for fun game bills by earning some dollars from SRW without having to commit for a longer period like iracing champs.

Yes you can ;) It has quite some delay now, but its reliable. All you need is to physically sign a document that they provide (some tax declaration) and then all it takes is a letter to the support to withdraw the money at any time.
A selected few have earned around 4 digit numbers + lots of trips to the sonoma centre have been handed out in the past that SRW also own.
I personally have used more money that has gone to my paypal to pay for other racing games (iracing, AC etc) but i also have held physical euros in my hand that i have earned from some winnings and i have good plans to use all new earned dollars for my own real life karting.
Its a really special feeling, usually most big talents in real life will never get paid for driving, even in F1, but you can achive this in simracing.

• Deleted member 177725

REDACTED

Last edited by a moderator:
I have unsintalled SRW, it's close to malware with it's mandatory update that CAN NOT BE SHUT OFF!. There is ZERO need to do that, ZERO so the decision of putting up an updater that user can not control is very very dubious. Plus the game is crap, FFB is still the worst i've ever seen in any gMotor2 titles: it's on/off clipping nd nothing has changed since i talked about this 2 years ago. I tried to give it a second chance but no, it was exactly the same as ever, only thing to change is content and i'm pretty sure they rip them off from other games and modders, polish and claim it's theirs. The quality of the game physics does not fit to the content quality.

Weird cos I have turned off mine.

Are you sure? Cause when you manually shut it down, it doesn't do anything, it thinks of itself as important as antivir processes, user has no privileges to shut it off. Only way i know how to get rid of SRW in process list is to delete the whole game. I have NEVER seen an updater that is so persistent. Google update maybe is the second worst, QT third but they can be shut down manually. They just pop up again in few hours/days and stay in memory after udpate is done but at least they aren't thinking "i'm the most important thing here".. Silent updater that can not be shut off, staying quiet 24/7.. How is that not dubious?

If ingame options turn it off, then at least there is a way to do it. I installed SRW, played couple of games, FFB was still on/off but that is another issue that i've been told is totally my problem (with Momo black.. i would understand if i had some exotic controller...and with good knowledge of gM2 engine, i know it's bullcrap, devs just don't care or have talent enough to make it actually work..about old hardwares. download r3e and see how controller should work, you just launch the game, first time and EVERY wheel in the world just works "out-of-the-box" without any additional trickery.. SimBin knows that stuff.. ) I tolerated that SRW in process list for couple of weeks, it really is quite harmless. It just sits there.. waiting..Why?

I repeat: my problem with SRW updater is not that it can be disabled somewhere. My problem with it is that it has privileges usually reserved for CRITICAL processes like antivirus software and windows core components. I can understand that they have elevated rights and need to run the whole time your OS is running. SimRaceWay is NOT A CRITICAL PROCESS, it should not be allowed to act like one. No matter if it's possible to disable ingame or that i can not manually shut it down while i'm ingame.

It is and stays my fervent opinion that no one should trust SRW because of un-orthodox approaches towards process privileges that are commonly used by antivir, viruses and malwares.

Last edited:
I used to set the SRW updater from auto to manual (or off completely) by accessing services.msc via the run function of Windows and manually selecting its start-up type.

I did find having the process running annoying however to be fair to SRW, the updating process was made very easy for those who don't grasp what to do. To me it's much like the auto updates for Flash, Java (yuck!) and other third party software.

Anyone got a T500 in game FFB setup for this game? Was going to give it a try and it doesn't have a preset for the TM TX wheel so I've got to setup everything manually.

Kjell, I forgot now that I did try that and it fixed the reverse steering but it still never felt right. For some reason, the steering would tighten up unbelievably once the car started moving not allowing me to turn the wheel at all in either direction very much without a ton of brute force. I adjusted every slider in that game and for some reason never could get it to cooperate. I just figured it was because it was an older game and my TX wheel is newer so they didn't play well together.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%