Simraceway

Doesn't Ignite own Race Sim Central? and rFactor Central? We also know Bram is pretty tight with Sim Bin and worked with them with RTR for iOpener. So I see no problem with Rob working for SMS and doing Virtualr. You will see insiders on every site in one shape or another.
You couldnt possibly be more far from the thruth here. The only 'ties' I had with Simbin was that me and Yoeri Gijsen organised the VWTCC for them and eurosport back in 2008 and as a matter of fact they still owe me a lot of unpaid expenses from that era. Thats how tight we are.

For RTR we bought a race 07 light version as our testing platform for the iopener technology and thats simbins involvement with the project summed up.

We have never had any favorism here because of work relations. Only favorism because of quality.

Well I had truly hoped Iopener would have worked it was a great thing to do for the community and IMO the best free game ever. Thanks for enlightening me to the truth of the matter. Anyway the Iopener concept was better than RR because it was planned to be a multi title platform not just under 1 developers roof. RR could of had a multi simbin title platform with an affordable subscriptions fee and I think they would have a marginal amount of success with it if it had a great MP matching system.

Using Chrome I can access the site but I first get a warning about the security certificate having expired. Probably just a oversight on their end, these certificates needs to be bought and installed on the webserver and they usually don't tell you that they are about to expire, so one need to keep them in check manually. Seen it before, nothing to be particularly worried about.

in trying to play SRW I get: Error could not connect to simraceway.com, the application will now close.
I guess no simraceway for me. who cares? not simraceway apparently.
Everything else with my PC and internet connection works fine, beside this.

I had a look on the SRW Facebook page and it's being worked on - http://community.simraceway.com/index.php/topic/1189-untrusted-connection/

SRW_Cossacco posted:

"Sorry Guys, looks like Friday the 13th has hit us after all those years!
wacko.png

Our SSL certificate has expired, but because its a highest level one (EV) - it takes extra time to renew, due to required verifications. Might take a good couple hours before we're fully back up and the game is accessible again."

One more message from the same thread:

"I didn't want to recommend this yesterday, because I hoped we would be all back up and running by now, but since it's taking more time - I'd like to recommend a trick that would allow you to temporarily get into the game and fully use Practice mode.

It's pretty simple: set your system date to one before September 12th/13th 2013, so for example 11th, 10th, etc. As mentioned above - Practice mode should work well, but none of the online elements.

Keep checking this thread for more updates!"

I hadn't driven SRW in awhile and logged on yesterday. The updated COTA track is really excellent.

I also drove the updated RX7-- a car I used to own and take to the track. I like the more dynamic feeling the Rx7 has now in SRW vs. the first version but I think the rear comes around a bit too easily and braking should be stronger & upset the rear less. I could get oversteer in real life with the 93 RX7 but I don't remember it being quite as easy to initiate it as in SRW. Still, a fun car to drive in the sim, not too far from my real life experience and nice to see they are trying to improve feel with the early cars they put out.

I'm less excited about SRW nowadays, mainly due to having waited two months (and still waiting) to receive the prize money I won in some events.

Edit: Now I know how Kimi Raikonnen feels.... well maybe not exactly but... forget bout it :p

I'm less excited about SRW nowadays, mainly due to having waited two months (and still waiting) to receive the prize money I won in some events.

Edit: Now I know how Kimi Raikonnen feels.... well maybe not exactly but... forget bout it :p

It does take awhile but I did eventually get mine. I think they are particularly backed up right now

Just had a hoon in the revamped GT40... Initially I found it quite understeery, but then realised I was trying to drive it too much like a modern car. Consequently I gave it heaps of throttle and steering lock and drove it like the 60's racing car that it is and it really came alive. By far away one of the best cars on SRW. I actually had a massive grin on my face as I slid it through the esses at The Glen.

I am now planning how I can afford (at least a replica) one in real life...

Last edited:
The updated physics on the Dodge Viper track car are excellent, the car really comes alive and you can feel the tyres under braking and all the movement in the car through the FFB in a really rubbery manner.

The car was good before but now it feels more connected. Still no movement as far as user made events though, frustrating really because the content and the drivng experience is generally quite excellent.

I have some things (positive and negative) to say about their recent updates. They've implemented all the tyre choices for the F1 cars (Bridgestones and Pirelli). Whatever changes went in the cars are now faster (more grip). The Brigdestones have the nicest feel but the MP4-25 seems to have a power issue in 7th gear, not sure if it's a bug but as a result it is the slowest of all the F1 cars by a fair bit (when in real life it is the fastest).

Also they changed the Mclaren MP4/4 specs from the Race config to the qualifying config, along with changing the tyre physics. Problem is that it's now running laptimes comparable to the 2010-2013 Era cars, which is ridiculous. Real life laptime comparisons show the 1988 MP4/4 to be 10 seconds off the pace of a modern car, even in qualifying trim. It feels like it has way too much grip now and is too stable under acceleration. I'l give it one thing though, the tyres feel better now and it's certaintly fun to drive.

And finally I test drove their MP4-28 at Silverstone yesterday, it's cool and all but a little stale feeling to be honest, too stable and too easy to drive. Though the laptimes seem reasonable, I did a 1:31.6 in my first couple of laps, which is equal to Jensons qualifying time this year, the fastest guy on the board had a 1:30.0, good enough for front row. But, we have Pirelli Reds available to us (softest tyre), while the actual GP event had the White tyre as the option.

On another slightly negative note tho, the MP4-28 is the fastest car in the game, test laps at Watkins Glen showed it clearly having an advantage over the other cars (MP4-25 and MP4-27) when we all know that the 2013 MP4-28 has been a bit of a dog and in actuality should be the slowest.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing