Simbin dev blog 4

Peter

who cares
http://insider.simbin.com/simbin-dev-blog-4/

SimBin Dev-Blog

As we prepare the patch that will be released tomorrow, let me go through some of the changes that are included with this update.
Corner Marker Toggle Option
I mentioned the corner marker toggle on my previous blog. This option will be available in your Video Custom Settings with the update tomorrow. However, as I mentioned before, the tracks will need to be updated and we will update the tracks in smaller chunks. In this patch we will start off with some of the heavy ones. The list is short on the first patch, but the HillClimb tracks are rather beefy in size.
  • RaceRoom Raceway Circuit, all its layouts.
  • RaceRoom HillClimb, both layouts.
  • Lakeview HillClimb, both layouts.
These fictional tracks won’t have any real distance markers but the rest of the tracks will have them by default, once they’re updated. This may not look like much but this is just the beginning. All the remaining tracks will be updated with biweekly patches.
Share this picture on Facebook.
This update introduces the corner marker toggle option, new competition flow and the season pass stickers.
DTM Experience 2013 as a DLC & Season Passes
We added a new Season Pass section in player profile pages. After the update, all the players who have purchased DTM Experience 2013 from www.dtm-experience.com, will get a sticker showing that they have DTM Experience 2014 ready to be unlocked once it is out. And of course, in the future more stickers will be added for players who have other upcoming experiences unlocked.
Shortly after the update, DTM Experience Season 2013 will also be available as a DLC on Steam. It will also be available for purchase in the R3E store like any other content. Please note that the DLC and the in-game purchase is for Season 2013 only, and there is no sticker for that :). It will be cheaper in price but it will be without the Season 2014.
The deal to get 2013 together with 2014 is still available at www.dtm-experience.com and it runs until the end of March. Now I’m not a marketing guy but if you are considering getting both seasons, I can tell you that you get more bang for your buck by getting it from the DTM store. I’m sure our Marketing department will mention these in more detail very soon.
New Competition Flow
For a while we’ve been meaning to change the competition flow slightly. Instead of having three separate competitions for each difficulty, we will now have one competition where the player can choose the difficulty upon selecting the competition. You can only have one entry in the competition regardless of the difficulty as opposed to being able to have entries on each difficulty. So you might want to consider not advancing into a harder difficulty if your position in the easier difficulty seems eligible for a prize :)
This is done for various reasons. To avoid having Get Real players go for prizes on easier difficulty, to avoid cluttering on the competition pages when running several competitions, and to make life easier for us when checking for entries eligible for prizes, to name a few.
Some Fixes and a Note on the Crash Issue on NVIDIA Graphic Cards.
This update is mainly to introduce these new changes and to include DTM Experience 2013 as a DLC. Apart from these we will also have various minor fixes from the Art side to various cars. Code has been doing a lot of refactoring and it still needs some testing before we can push those optimizations.
If you are an NVIDIA graphics card owner and you are experiencing crashes while playing R3E (black screen for a split second, then game gets minimized and cannot restore it back), this is due to the latest NVIDIA drivers. This is occurring with a lot of games and I advise you to revert to a previous driver version until NVIDIA resolves the problem.
Well, I guess this is it for this blog. In case you missed it, we shared a video of an internal Multiplayer session with RaceDepartment not long ago. And in the next dev-blog, let’s talk a bit more about Multiplayer. It’s about time.

Insider_Sonat-250x194.jpg
Sonat Ozturk

R3E Open Beta has been updated
05/03/2014

Game:
Added a toggle to turn off Corner markers to Custom Settings in Video Options. Please note the tracks will need to be updated for this to take effect. For now this update will only work on updated tracks that are mentioned in the Art changelog below. More tracks will be updated with next patch in 2 weeks.
Enabled DTM Experience purchase with vRP's.
Fixed an issue where replay files would get game mode “Menu” tag on certain instances.
Fixed an issue where the Apex Hunt raceline for Canhard R52 in RaceRoom Raceway Hillcimb track was appearing beneath the tarmac.
Updated localization with various fixes.

Art:
RaceRoom Raceway and all its layouts have been updated for corner marker toggle.
RaceRoom Hillclimb both layouts have been updated for corner marker toggle.
Lakeview Hillclimb both layouts have been updated for corner marker toggle.
Tweaked diffuse values of all cars for better visuals.
Tweaked transparency textures of Interior windows for all cars.
Audi R8 LMS Ultra – Various fixes to interior textures.
BMW 320 Turbo – Updated windows banners.
Zakspeed Capri – Updated windows banners.
Various tweaks to characters around tracks. Adjusted lighting and color tone.

Physics & Audio:
Minor performance update to McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Audio: Improved backfire reverb effects in cockpit.

Portal & Online Protocol & In-Game Browser.
Added Season Passes section to player profiles. Players who have DTM Experience season pass 2013/2014 will get a sticker.
Added DTM Experience 2013 to the Store.
Added Hardware section which directs user to RaceRoom Entertainment Hardware website.
Re-enabled delete account functionality with additional e-mail confirmation to avoid accidental deletions.
Changed the competition flow. Difficulty is selected upon choosing the competition instead of having three separate ones. Only one entry per player regardless of difficulty.
Added Friends only functionality to the photo feed widget.
Updated Social media buttons and various backend improvements to brand pages.
Various improvements to the discount functionality.
Various improvements to Leaderboards.
Various improvements to the newsfeed functionality.
Fixed an issue there the top 10 avatars were showing the default R3E avatar in the leaderboard side panel despite players having custom avatars.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%